0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Starred for later viewing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4148
    Kiko doing a good job of playing two of Marty's solos there. Looking forward to hearing his own stuff on the new album.

As much as one can tell from a crappy camera recording - Megadeth had a pretty good PA sound there.

Kiko doing a good job of playing two of Marty's solos there. Looking forward to hearing his own stuff on the new album.

As much as one can tell from a crappy camera recording - Megadeth had a pretty good PA sound there.
    yes, and Dave's vocals sound pretty good too.  

I'm sure that Kiko's work on the new album will be fusionish sounding, a little like Chris Poland.  
    Yes I was surprised at the vocals - for him that was pretty good. 

While the last album was pish I'm really looking forward to the new one. Hope springs eternal.

I'm sure that Kiko's work on the new album will be fusionish sounding, a little like Chris Poland. 
    That would be awesome! Though technically excellent, I found Broderick very boring and much preferred Kiko’s playing on his solo album, No Gravity.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I'll check these out later but I think Kiko is unfailingly fkin awesome so I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Have you guys heard this? He's a mean flamenco player as well as shredding like a demon.

Incredible.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    Yes I was surprised at the vocals - for him that was pretty good. 

While the last album was pish I'm really looking forward to the new one. Hope springs eternal.
    I don't like the stuff with Broderick at all.  As DLM said, Broderick is technically excellent but his playing is too clinical or something.  All his lead playing seems to be very neat and tidy.  The rest of the guys who played in Megadeth obviously composed their solos to some extent but they also had more natural phrasing than Broderick's.  

The last decentish album Megadeth recorded was The System Has Failed, and I only liked that because Chris Poland played the solos.  Most of the songs weren't that great on it but his solo playing was fantastic.  
    ^^ Wisdom applied, Poland rocks the house there. Dave's own playing was more interesting than Broderick's on the albums they did together, and after you've had Friedman and Poland in the band, that's a big let down.
    I also managed to sign up to Dimeadozen this morning, although am waiting for my account to be activated so I can download.  I'd love to get a hold of a torrent of this live show but nothing has appeared yet.
    edited July 2015

The last decentish album Megadeth recorded was The System Has Failed, and I only liked that because Chris Poland played the solos.  Most of the songs weren't that great on it but his solo playing was fantastic.  
    I thought 13 was pretty good, and Endgame was excellent. I also like Broderick's playing, though I still think Dave's the best Megadeth guitarist as he's got the rhythm chops and so many shreddy lead players don't have that.

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    Two of Marty's list of phenomenal solos from his Megadeth years. He did a good job. Hoping new material will be good. Poland and Friedman solos in Megadeth are some of my favourite solos ever.
    1. Hangar 18 
    2. Wake Up Dead 
    3. In My Darkest Hour 
    4. Skin o' My Teeth 
    5. Sweating Bullets 
    6. Tornado of Souls 
    7. Dawn Patrol 
    8. Poison Was the Cure 
    9. Trust 
    10. Kingmaker 
    11. A Tout Le Monde 
    12. She-Wolf 
    13. Symphony of Destruction 
    14. Peace Sells 
    15. Cold Sweat 
    (Thin Lizzy cover) 
    16. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
    Meh. Couldn't see which songs it would be earlier. And then the sound's crap, too. What I could hear sounded promising, though. Thanks for posting all the same, @Bingefeller
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23009
    I don't really know anything about Kiko Loureiro but he has to be an improvement on that dreadful robot Chris Broderick.

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067

I didn't mind Broderick...

No-one can touch Poland as far as I'm concerned though - and Gar Samuelson's playing on the first two albums is sublime.  RIP.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RobDavies said:

I didn't mind Broderick...

No-one can touch Poland as far as I'm concerned though - and Gar Samuelson's playing on the first two albums is sublime.  RIP.

I can't stand the songs on Peace Sells, although I love Poland's playing on that album.  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I like Brodericks playing.

I think the biggest issue for him in the band was Dave Mustaine. IE here's X-bars for you to solo for, play a certain way.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)