Buying a bass off Gene Simmons

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Does he really smash a guitar every night? That is so childish. It may have represented Rock N Roll back in the 70s but it just looks a bit pathetic now, especially from a dried up yesterday band.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    axisus said:
    Does he really smash a guitar every night? That is so childish. It may have represented Rock N Roll back in the 70s but it just looks a bit pathetic now, especially from a dried up yesterday band.
    He did when I saw them, and It wasn't even the guitar he'd playing. 

A roadie/guitar tech came out and chucked him the guitar to trash which he then threw into the crowd. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited August 2015

Paul Stanley: Smashing Guitars Through The Years

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    richh;730631" said:
    Apparently Chuck Berry views instruments in this way, his only interest is that it be tax deductible.  If he gets wind of Gene's little scheme, he'll be on that game like white on rice...
    Chuck can't still be out there playing live surely ?
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    The ad doesn't say he gives you the guitar he just played... I reckon he just has a pile of them on the side for the muppets prepared to pay a few times over the item's value just because it comes from his hands... At least it's not my money!
  • Trades?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Steffo said:
    The ad doesn't say he gives you the guitar he just played... I reckon he just has a pile of them on the side for the muppets prepared to pay a few times over the item's value just because it comes from his hands... At least it's not my money!
    I found the ad after hearing an interview with the Kiss guitar tech - I'm fairly certain you get the one he has just played. In the interests of balance - Tommy Thayer (spell? The guitarist who isn't Ace Frehley but dresses up like him) has a sig guitar and a sig amp and the profits from the amp go to a children's charity. Or, put another way: the guy in Kiss who is probably the least well off to start with is the least money grabbing. Anyway, buy a Tommy amp and not a Gene bass I think is my message...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom