SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: SOLD PENDING THE USUAL. USA HAMER ARTIST CUSTOM SEMI

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• pruddprudd Frets: 660
    Hard to find a better value buy than this. What a beauty. 

for some reason Hamer's just dont get the respect they deserve, top top quality. There is one for sale here:

http://www.davidcrozierguitars.com/shop/view_product.html?prod=2763

and to be honest i dont think he will ever get that sort of money, but it is the sort of money they should be worth. i think these retailed at somewhere around the $2900 mark.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1443
    They are fantastic guitars. I think they just had a problem with identity. They were making this style of guitar to begin with, then pointy guitars. If they'd have stuck with one or the other I reckon they'd still be going strong. Was it Kaman who bought them out? I forget...

No doubting the quality though, they're up there with PRS as you said previously. I only sold my Hamer for a PRS but in all honesty, they're just as good.

I regret not buying one of these new around 10-15 years ago. I too the train to Denmark Street, they were selling them for £1k new to get rid of them. For some reason I decided against it.

Anyway, if there's any movement in price, PM me. Don't know if or when I can get to you, but I can always send the wife over when she's visiting.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • iirc Hamer started out making Explorer copies, the Hamer "Standard". The Hamer Sunburst(?) Les Paul DC style came later.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30923
    Crikey- if that had Gibson on the headstock we'd be in the 3000-4000 territory.

Beautiful- GLWS

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:
    Crikey- if that had Gibson on the headstock we'd be in the 3000-4000 territory.

Beautiful- GLWS
    At the risk of uppsetting some poeple, I doubt gibson do do this sort of quality from my experience's
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30923
    You'd not be upsetting me- wis awarded.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Stunning guitar. The recent Hamer book called The Ultimate is one of the best guitar related books I have bought. Seriously worth buying. Hamer were a big influence on me because they did things the right way.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• woodywoody Frets: 74
    Ive never owned a hamer that wasnt a stunner..this is driving me up the walls.
  • yuri_1973yuri_1973 Frets: 101
    was/is this sold? available?
    yes its sold, sorry for not updating the" Pending the usual" part of the title.