All The Smorg Things - The Official Smorg Pedalboards Update Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    edited August 2015
    Good work Daniel, hope it takes off - as a quick heads-up, there's a typo on the 'Custom' page ("The more you deviate from the Smorg norm the more expensive it is, for example, 
    a custom length Grab will be more cost effective than one that lso has a different depth.")

EDIT - personally I'd use a semi-colon instead of the first comma too to make it scan a bit better ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    IanSavage;725790" said:
    Good work Daniel, hope it takes off - as a quick heads-up, there's a typo on the 'Custom' page ("The more you deviate from the Smorg norm the more expensive it is, for example, 

a custom length Grab will be more cost effective than one that lso has a different depth.")

EDIT - personally I'd use a semi-colon instead of the first comma too to make it scan a bit better ;) 
    Cheers Ian, much appreciated
    Got the site looking clean on the iPad now as well, was looking a little ropey on some mobile devices.

Thanks all for taking the time to look at it and proof read it. 

Now to get it out to the wider world!

Also have a Twitter account if anyone's interested in joining my current two followers! @Daniel_SmorgPB

http://www.guitar-bass.net/

Smorg have made the News section, great support from @chrisv, thanks!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    No worries @dindude!
  • FezFez Frets: 526
    Website favourited and it looks great. The question is how long will my current board hold out?
    Don't touch that dial.
    Guitar & Bass Magazine just tweeted this pic of a Grab400 on their test bench - let's hope they like it!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A Tier is born!

For now this will be the Daddy of the range, the Tier600 - overall dims 600mm x 330mm with room underneath for any of the popular power supplies.

This one's going off to an early adopting forumer.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • :D
  • Looks absolutely bob on.
    Looks absolutely bob on.
    Thanks, I'm rather pleased with, and a bit jealous really, think I need more pedals to justify one for myself!
  • dindude;744280" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

Looks absolutely bob on.

Thanks, I'm rather pleased with, and a bit jealous really, think I need more pedals to justify one for myself!
    That's *always* a good idea ;)

It looks brilliant, I've got a massive wah and a line 6 m5 so two pedals alone take up a good few boss sized ones! The wah may be switched out but the m5 stays. And I want an expression pedal for that too so... Bit of extra space is useful!
  • Oooh....me likey!
    Just a reminder that my intro offer to Fretboarders with 100 posts or more of 10% off my web prices has two weeks remaining. I will need to move to the website pricing after this time.

Cheers to those who have taken advantage already.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Just a reminder that the intro Fretboard 10% offer ends Monday. You'll need to be a little patient, around 10 days for a Grab and 2 weeks for a custom size, but any committed orders by end of play Monday will have the discount.

Cheers

How's things progressing Dan? Hopefully pointed a few potential customers you way over the last couple of weeks, had some very favourable comments on the Grab :) sort of contemplating a Tier 500 for six-string if they're near the horizon yet... 

IanSavage said:

How's things progressing Dan? Hopefully pointed a few potential customers you way over the last couple of weeks, had some very favourable comments on the Grab :) sort of contemplating a Tier 500 for six-string if they're near the horizon yet... 

Cheers Ian, thanks for the feedback.

Have been steadily getting Grab's out to the world over the last few months and have only had good feedback, which gives me great satisfaction.

Time is unfortunately a factor in progressing at pace. I have a (very) demanding day job so do it in my spare time and in reality this is only ever going to be a hobbie type affair, it could never pay the bills unless I took on Pedaltrain (and won)!

Still love designing/making them and seeing them out there though, and as it happens (as I've been a bit quiet of late) I will be making up a few Fretboard exclusives over the next week or so to offer at decent prices:

One each of a Tier500 and a Tier600 to get these progressed, and also a Grab400 and a Grab500 package in all-silver. Let me know if you are interested in sticking your name against the Tier500!

dindude said:

Still love designing/making them and seeing them out there though, and as it happens (as I've been a bit quiet of late) I will be making up a few Fretboard exclusives over the next week or so to offer at decent prices:

One each of a Tier500 and a Tier600 to get these progressed, and also a Grab400 and a Grab500 package in all-silver. Let me know if you are interested in sticking your name against the Tier500!

Good to hear it's going alright man :) Velcro area on a Tier 500 around 450 x 300mm? May have to have a play on that there pedalboard planner website, but yeah, pencil me in for one for sure...
    A few updates to the website: www.smorgpedalboards.co.uk

Grab lead time now approx. 14 days but now just 20% deposit required to order with the rest payable upon completion.
    Carrier change has allowed me to reduce the postage for the Grab from £7.99 to £5.99.
    A few more "Your Smorg" pics added which some on here may recognise! (Anyone else here who hasn't sent a photo of their Smorg, do so and I'll try and stick it up).
    Tier page being developed with some more info now available. 

And whilst we are on the Tier - part of the delay with this was that I was just not happy with the soft case options I was playing with. On bigger boards I've seen too many of the well known bags strain under weight, zips broken and bags basically disintegrate over time.

To get to a bag I was happy with I was pretty much into hard case pricing! so now I'm going for a hard case only option on the Tier range. 

Board only will still be an option for home players.

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    I really should have tidied up before taking that pic :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom