What's Hot
2»

Comments

• handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1007
    edited August 2015
    DesVegas said:
    Thanks for the review Stu.
    Who is Stu?

Although the tender octaver is excellent I may decide to move it on simply because it's not an effect i'm going to be using for very much of the stuff I play. If anyone here would like to try it i'd move it on for £45 delivered. It's as new except I removed the rubber base to fit velcro. Rubber base will be included and could be put back on any time. If no one is interested i'll be happy keeping it for the odd play here and there. :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    tFB Trader
    Balls! Too late! :-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    Stu rhymes with review ... it's how they talk on the street don't you know
    Ooooo I see. I see what you were doing now. I'm often mistaken for Erik instead of Rik thanks to my poor choice of username (and people's seeming confusion over how the word handsome is spelled) but never stu so I was bemused! Thanks for clearing up the confusion. I guess I need to get down with the kids more innit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rik is some salesman!
    That's pretty offensive if you're implying I wrote a positive review just so I could sell it.

First off, the review was requested by another forumite. Secondly, it's a genuine review and I'm sure the person who gets it will agree with every comment. Thirdly, like many other people around here, I'm someone who simply likes to try out new gear, and then move it on (depending on how much use I think it would get) so I can try out something else. No one is obliged to buy anything they don't want. I didn't even list it in the classifieds as I would have been happy keeping it at that price for the odd play here and there. I was trying to do those on this thread a favour by offering them the chance to try it effectively brand new at a good discount.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    edited August 2015
    Just had a good half hour with the tender octaver, I've never had a micro pog so I can't compare it to the "industry standard".

There is a point on which I would humbly disagree with Rik. I think that it tracks 6 strings chords great and I could not detect any glitching. This was done with -1 and dry signal on minimum and only +1 octave coming through. I then repeated it with +1 only, a combination of +1 and -1, and finally a combination of -1, dry and +1. 

However, that does not mean that 6 strings chords on an polyphonic octave pedal sounds great. If you turn the octave +1 and -1 up and play 6 strings chords, there are just too many notes and it sounds terribly messy. 

There is a slight latency when playing, it is indiscernible when you blend in enough of your dry signal. But if you played with pure octave down or up, you will feel it. It is a <100ms delay, so not enough to trip you up on tempo. I believe the micro pog too has a little bit of latency. 

Overall, it is amazing. It is exactly how I'd expect a micro pog to behave but it's 1/3 of the price. Thanks Rik for selling it on :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    Thanks for the update Branshen.
    Thanks for the extra review Branshen. I'm glad it hasn't disappointed. ;-) the glitching I spoke of was extremely mild but I was being hyper critical. it is truly amazing for the money. I imagine they'll become a quick hit once they're more readily available.