Washburn / Parker USA are closing

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GuitarWorkz;727368" said:
    Stevepage said:

Coda Music has an old parker fly in stock. Check out the used section on their website

I have this issue with buying anything used, it always has to be brand new, I don't know why.  It's just the way I am, I always look at it like there is a reason that original owner got rid of it, and I don't want to chance finding out why.

I always look at used gear thinking "this idiots sold an absolutely amazing _____ cause he probably can't play and probably thinks it's the gears fault"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nearly bought a b stock Fly HSS in silver around 2001. They still catch my eye from time to time. I need markers on my fretboard though!
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235

stonevibe said:
    I swapped my N4 for a Kotzen Tele about 6-7 years ago, which I still own and gig with today.

I did exactly the same!

• I always look at used gear thinking "this idiots sold an absolutely amazing _____ cause he probably can't play and probably thinks it's the gears fault"

I should of phrased it better I think, what I should of said is, I don't like buying used guitars or anything that is still in production or widely available, due to the possibility of buying a lemon and having no warranty to back it up.  Parkers are still widely available brand new, even their high end models, in fact dozens of stores including Thomann are well stocked with them right now, and I don't mean the PDF range which is still being made outside of the U.S, but the U.S. made ones.

I never had a problem with the horn on any of the models I have played, in 93 or 94 I was given a Fly to use while my guitars where being repaired in a small independent store that couldn't tell me how long it would take, so they gave me the Fly as a loaner and I suspect they hoped I would buy it, that's the one I regret not buying.  I had use of it for a few months while I waited for their tech to get round to my guitars, and I honestly found the horn to not be a problem, in fact I thought it was convenient for carrying the guitar by.
    Custom guitars & guitar competitions
    http://www.guitarworkz.co.uk