Aristocrats - Tres Caballeros

thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
Been listening to this on youtube (and will buy the album). Have to say, I think it's amazing. His other stuff is good but I think this is the most musical/catchy yet. Really very good.... 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I've avoided the Aristocrats, from the snippets I've heard it all seems a bit to indulgent for my liking - a bit too clever for its own boots (which is how I find a lot of Frank Zappa). GG would have made a great Zappa guitarist. Guthrie IS one of my favourite guitarists though, and I absolutely love Erotic Cakes and the Steven Wilson albums.

I will return at some point though and reassess
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I dont like it at all to be honest.   The first Aristocrats album is good, but the rest are very boring IMO.  I'd rather have Metheny or Kurt Rosenwinkel, but some people find them boring so....
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I've enjoyed this one much more than the others. The first two tracks are stonking!
  • Got my ticket for December :) I'd say I cant wait, but before then I have Jon Gomm 3 more times (one of which has Antoine Dufour the same night!) Pierre Bensusan and I'm thinking about a 5 hour train journey to see Andy McKee ... It's been a good year already :)