Iron Maiden's new album...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    mike_l said:
    You. Are. Wrong.

The first 2, with DiAnno singing are the worst. To the point of I have them, but haven't listened to them in around 15 years.

That's just surely the most mad thing anyone has ever written on the internet EVER

Those two albums, along with everything up to, and including, Seventh Son, are pure brilliance. Latter day work is hit and miss, but the earlier albums shall never be anything but AWESOME.

Now @mike_l, go wash your filthy mouth out, watch an entire Bieber gig and buy another dirt pedal ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_l said:

The first 2, with DiAnno singing are the worst. To the point of I have them, but haven't listened to them in around 15 years.

It saddens me to read this from a fan ;)

When I heard the first two albums (probably around '84), my brain melted. All I'd had before that point was a teaser on a Lucozade advert featuring Daley Thompson!

I only go as far as SSOASS...I'm not overkeen on TNOTB and especially POM...Powerslave is where it's at.

Will give the new one a listen.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Powerslave is where it's at.

Wisdom for this
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

@digitalkettle @hubobulous

sadly I can't stand DiAnno's voice. I love the songs, just his voice isn't right. I quite like the Blaze Bailey era Maiden too, but again his voice isn't quite right. He does sound fantastic in Wolfsbane though.

I can understand in 1980 or 81 those albums turning the world upside down.

And the next c@@@ who suggests I go watch a beeber gig will get a size 11 to the ballbag.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23010
    I think Di'Anno was a terrible singer, but I still really like the first two albums.

I'm a bit of a Johnny-come-lately Iron Maiden fan though.  Back in the NWOBHM days, I quite liked Maiden but only really bought the singles.  I heard the albums through friends but the only one I actually bought on release was Powerslave.  It was only after Brave New World came out that I went back and got the back-catalogue. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I love the old stuff, I love the new stuff. 

Really like the new single and am looking forward to Book of Souls.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I really like the first two albums. Phantom of the Opera is one of my favourite Maiden songs.