Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

worst/ best/ oddest load in?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• The Nags Head in High Wycombe involved an unpleasant fire-escape, but that was slightly less unpleasant than the stairs from the pub.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    Any load in with a Hammond.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The top floor of the Gherkin in London was pretty heinous. Drive into basement, load into lift 1. Disembark on 2nd from top floor and wheel through kitchens right round the circumference of he building to lift 2, take that to mezzanine then carry gear up final staircase to the top. Not allowed to park in loading bay and only free parking a good Mike away, Bastards! O'Neills Wardours St very nasty 3 flights of greasy stairs.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    Any load in/out anywhere.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Got our gear up 6 flights of fire escape stairs in Ipswich a few years ago. Only for the gig to be cancelled as the last piece of gear made it upstairs.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    edited August 2015
    The Grand Central Hotel in Glasgow
    Underground access to drop of the gear to staging post 1 then you have to move the van right away and park on the street amongst the walking drunk
    All gear then has to be carried\wheeled through a maze of tunnels... through the heat exchangers for the aircon (which is like Burmah) up to a tiny service lift
    That takes you in through the kitchen which is at the other end of the building than the ballroom so you then have to take the gear through all the punters into the hall
    It took 4 trips and 45 minutes to even get the gear in the place
    Then trying to set up while an over anxious wedding planner looks over your shoulder
    I set up a basic P.A. and basic instruments then just added more as the night went on. I'm not the main singer in that band so while he was playing I would be setting up his monitor before my guitar solo...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72471
    Cabicular said:
    I set up a basic P.A. and basic instruments then just added more as the night went on. I'm not the main singer in that band so while he was playing I would be setting up his monitor before my guitar solo...

Stop Making Sense

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom