USB sticks

Are there any real differences between USB memory sticks?  It's a while since I've bought any and I need a couple, are some makes/models better than others?  

I want 16Gb and probably not password protected (history records that I'm not very good at remembering the passwords for them!).

Ta. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17681
    tFB Trader
    The more expensive ones tend to have higher transfer rates so it depends how important moving big files quickly is to you.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26787
    I've noticed a massive difference with mine - I just bought it because I needed one in a hurry and it was the only 16GB one Currys had in stock. Anyway, it's a USB 3.0 stick but I've only ever used it with USB 2.0; I recently upgraded my motherboard to one with USB 3.0, and it's gone from transferring at about 10MB/s to around 30MB/s. When you're chucking big files around, it's incredibly useful :)
    <space for hire>
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3145
    edited August 2013
    FWIW I just bought a SAndisk one with the security software can use it without the password thingy installed.                                      
     I got it from Argos £5 cheaper than Tesco's were selling it for (they are next door to each other in my local town)  
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Thanks, guys. Are SanDisk considers good for memory sticks? They're what I was looking at.