Gibson CS 336 - thoughts and experiences?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• pmgpmg Frets: 299
    @powerslave so when do you go from here? GAS cured? What do you play at present?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 102
    @pmg If I had a cure for GAS, I'd be able to buy a 336 at full price and not care :)

Seriously, I think GAS is cured for a semi-hollow. I've tried a bunch of variations now, with the 336 being the one that (on paper) would have ticked all the boxes. This one in question was a good guitar, and would be an excellent guitar for many in the right setting, but I was left with sufficient doubt that I wasn't prepared to take a punt on it at full price and risk taking a huge bath if I had to resell in the near future (been there, done that).

I mostly play one of two short-scale, double-cut PRS guitars that I have, and I also have a 2013 R8.

The 336, in many respects, would have been a variation on these same themes - but, with a view that the "semi" nature of the guitar would have offered something different.

I'm quite that GAS will commence for something else very soon. I have a PRS McCarty up for sale at the moment and, strictly speaking that really needs to go before I get too carried away. However, I've always fancied playing through a Carol-Ann amp - so that might catch my attention from now (although, they're just as difficult to track down in the UK as 336s!).

Also, I quite like the idea of a PRS with a rosewood neck . . .

See, it didn't take long - did it!? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    See if you can find a Knaggs Chena to try out... there are a few good deals on old-stock models in this country at the moment...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom