David Byrne on R4 this morning

What's Hot
Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
had some interesting things to say about this African musician who's music he's been getting into: William Onyeabor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03016vl
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    it's a measure of how bloody sad I've become that I initially expected this to be about David Byrne using a Goldtop reissue with wrap around bridge and P90s. 

That said, listened to the program and thought it was interesting!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    Basher said:
    it's a measure of how bloody sad I've become that I initially expected this to be about David Byrne using a Goldtop reissue with wrap around bridge and P90s.
    Don't be daft.

An R4 is a Custom reissue with a P90 and an Alnico.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    Shall have to give this a listen on the iPlayer.

If you have the money spare, I recommend his book How Music Works which I finished this week. Some very interesting insight into his career, methodology and things I didn't know about music.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom