Guitar Boxes

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Thanks all for the advice!

@TheMarlin it is a Tele in Fender SKB Hardcase. Guitar is snug in the case and doesn't move about. Do you know which companies would pack it and roughly the price?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    Don't think you need to go down the "professionally packed" route to be honest, especially when it's in a solid SKB case.
    Just unnecessary spending for something you could do yourself.

Follow the tips above, find a good box and pack the shite out of the inside of it so that the case isn't moving inside.
    Also, try and get some bubble wrap around the headstock inside the case, and fill any gaps in the case with bubble wrap (if there are any).

You'll find good and bad reviews for all couriers, but I've never had any issues when sending guitars via UK Mail, DPD and DHL's next day services - and I've sent a shed load.
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    Oh, I've also seen this site recommended in the past - http://www.directcouriersolutions.co.uk/musical-instruments.php

Appears to offer very reasonably priced insurance.

Never used them myself, so can't vouch for them... but worth a look.
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I've used them
    Nothing went wrong and they were fine
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7802
    Fwiw I have used the UPS service on interparcel with good results. Always with a case in a box.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8020
    Until you need to claim......

To your best ability at home, UPS will not make good on an insurance claim. If the packing shifts or becomes compressed and becomes less that 2" thick anywhere between the case and box, they will claim that the damage is because you did not pack the guitar by their requirements. They can even ignore a claim saying that your bubble wrap bubbles are too large or too small. In their terms they claim to be the sole judge regarding the packing. It does not matter if they literally crush your package, they will not honour your insurance, which they will explain is not insurance but simply a surcharge because of the declared value. 

If it's an expensive guitar, and you can't afford to lose it or the money, my advice would be to get it packed properly.

Marlin
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8020
    This is very good advice.  Click here: