Converting Floyd Rose type to normal term on Strat copy?

What's Hot
Seen interesting & cheap 80s Hohner MX1 Strat copy locally with grim Floyd-type trem unit. (Removed locking device behind nut.) How difficult or easy is it to replace with normal floating type trem?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    Schaller do a floyd fit vintage style tremolo

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72518
    I wouldn't bother. That guitar is essentially a Marlin Sidewinder with a different name on it, and not only is the bridge probably the worst attempt at a locking trem ever made, its post spacing and position is not compatible with anything else either. You'll have to fill the original post holes and redrill, or just bodge it like someone did to this one…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    I'm inclined to agree having looked at a few ideas on the net. Its a nice looking green but unlikely to match a used Squier from recent years... That photo of bridge decides the issue! Ta.