SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Ernie Ball Musicman Albert Lee HH

What's Hot

Comments

• Still for sale????
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    such a nice guitar, cant go wrong with MM. if only this one was hss or sss
  • Still for sale???
    Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???Still for sale???
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stevenguitarsstevenguitars Frets: 61
    edited April 2014
    I pmd him a month back....still no word :( :-<
  • magic_jasonmagic_jason Frets: 2
    edited April 2014
    Not too bad for me because I already own one.

But I'd like a second one : it is the coolest guitar I have ever had. And I've had plenty.

(1 strat std, 1 strat+, 1 strat eric johnson, 2 tele std, 2 tele classic vibes, 2 robin medleys, 3 parker fly deluxe, 1 Ibanez Steve Vai signature,1 Gibson les paul classic a+++, 1 Gibson Lucille BB king signature, 1 vintage Steinberger stick, 1 synapse steinberger,..and many others I have long forgotten.) 

I currently just own a Tom Anderson Drop top, a Musicman Silouhette special and the Musicman Albert Lee HH.

If I had to keep just one, it'd be the Albert Lee. These guitars are fabulous!

If anyone is interested in a trade : Tom Anderson VS Musicman Albert Lee BFR, contact me!

Musicman Silhouette special Vs Albert Lee SSS, contact me!

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1562
    I have an identical guitar in pretty much mint shape, same colour and config. As far as I know its the only other one like it in the UK. Anyway I'm considering selling it when the guitar I've got on order comes in, I've been quoted early June as the delivery date to give you a rough idea. I'd be asking more than £999 for it though but feel free to PM me if you are interested.
  • shagnastyshagnasty Frets: 1

Is this still for sale ????

Come on answer please

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited May 2014
    Just checked his profile page (click on avatar) and he's not been on here since 24 Feb.

I think it is really disrespectful to everyone else on the forum to put an advert up and bump it like crazy when it suits, then completely abandon it and act like you can't be arsed when it suits.

It also shows complete disregard for others on here who may have older ads, but who have not had the good fortune to have sold their gear.  It destabilises everyones perceptions about availability.  We need to have truthful adverts where if it says FS (For Sale) it is, and SOLD when it is, this place operates largely on trust and goodwill.

Ads should be managed properly, and also in accordance with the rules.

Treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself, that is a good way to manage your life.

This place is good enough to allow free adverts to anyone who signs up (non-commercial), even if you don't contribute or participate in the other areas of the forum.  At least treat us with respect.

(My apologies if I have been harsh and life circumstances have made you unable to update this ad, but it is in the rules)

here here
  • AdolfhipsterAdolfhipster Frets: 172
    Get a grip......
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17625
    tFB Trader
    Just checked his profile page (click on avatar) and he's not been on here since 24 Feb.

I think it is really disrespectful to everyone else on the forum to put an advert up and bump it like crazy when it suits, then completely abandon it and act like you can't be arsed when it suits.

It also shows complete disregard for others on here who may have older ads, but who have not had the good fortune to have sold their gear.  It destabilises everyones perceptions about availability.  We need to have truthful adverts where if it says FS (For Sale) it is, and SOLD when it is, this place operates largely on trust and goodwill.

Ads should be managed properly, and also in accordance with the rules.

Treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself, that is a good way to manage your life.

This place is good enough to allow free adverts to anyone who signs up (non-commercial), even if you don't contribute or participate in the other areas of the forum.  At least treat us with respect.

(My apologies if I have been harsh and life circumstances have made you unable to update this ad, but it is in the rules)
    There is also a rule about harassing sellers.

The correct thing to do is flag the post if you are unhappy with it.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339

its ready for you

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Thanks for pointing that out @monquixote, I have no intention of breaking any rules..

I don't consider that post "harassing", and I hope the majority of others here don't, it is merely intended to point out appropriate behaviour in a public environment, and is a direct response to the way the thread has been conducted, and the tone of other recent frustrated members.  That post is complete with an apology if I got it wrong.

I feel it has a justified and educational purpose being here.

Do you disagree with the content and points raised?

It is also an opportunity to raise what I believe is proper conduct and reason that through in a more public way, as this is far from an isolated case of orphaned or unmanaged sale threads.  This has already been read by a number of other members who would hopefully not do the same.

It is disrespectful to others who manage their sales properly, which is the vast majority on here, I hope you would agree with that point as raised.

You may note that @shagnasty appears to have signed up to reply to these EBMM ads, and I feel his frustration.  He is not the only one recently to have followed the same path.  That is not the best introduction to membership here.

The problem with just flagging the thread is that whilst the individual problem may go away, the incipient behaviour will continue to grow.  There are other members who voice disapproval at poor behaviour too, which appears to be a good thing, and self managing.  Maybe we should have improved guidelines and explanatory posts which are available to anyone who wants to signpost this sort of issue.  A bit like the "posting pictures - a little help" one.

My apologies for continuing this discussion here, it may not be the appropriate method, but it seems the only way to reply to your comments.

Well, that and @meltedbuzzbox gave me such a nice soapbox to stand on, how could I resist  ;)

@monquixote
    I should have added that if you feel it is appropriate to edit or delete these posts I will do so, but I feel they make valid points and have a place here.  If there is a discussion to be furthered, can I suggest we open another discussion / thread for that.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17625
    edited May 2014 tFB Trader
    We ask that if you are unhappy with someones classified ad you flag it and then a mod will deal with it rather than putting your complaint in the thread as this generally derails the thread and leads to a feeling of unfriendliness in the classifieds.

If you want to make a point about behaviour in classifieds it's preferable to start a seperate thread to discuss it.
    Good point @monquixote, taken in the spirit it is meant.    :)

This is a friendly place and is great to be a part of, as I am sure we all agree.
      (you also diplomatically avoided answering whether you disagreed with the points raised, so I guess that is the answer)

Hi Majorscale, have sent you PM but it keeps bouncing back. need to conatct you

Kevin
    Hey there @shagnasty, a little bit of "how to" insight - if you use the @ symbol then that user will get a notification of you mentioning them, hopefully like you did. (calling @Majorscale ) .

It may need that part of notifications switched on in their user profile and is not always reliable (I've had a few not notified), be pedantic about spelling though, or use copy & paste, but generally seem to work pretty well.  Maybe ask the mods if the PMs continue to not work for you
    - hope that helps   :)

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1562
    Thanks @ChrisMusic! @shagnasty, just sent you a PM so if it gets through it might be easier to reply to it if you are having issues with the system.

Cheers all!
  • Del_PrestonDel_Preston Frets: 76
    Woah there!  Have just checked in after a long time, as has been pointed out, and am a little taken aback!

@ChrisMusic - Fair points, I'll take them on board.  In all honesty it was a combination of being away on work business for a month or so, and having given up on selling this thing after a string of dead leads (not on this forum I should say).  I should have checked earlier or taken down the post.  Point taken.  Prior to this I had hopefully demonstrated fair use and communication as @monquixote and others will hopefully attest.

I would be frustrated too if I was trying to express an offer on something.  Apologies, and I will ensure that I answer all private messages I have received regarding the guitar.  That being said, yes it is still for sale.

Apologies again,
    Del.