Any useful resource out there for template plans?

.... specifically for stuff like different pickup and trem routs, accutrate pickguards? I'd rather try to make my own than pay for someone else to do it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Terrapin pickguards have a load of PDFs on the website you can download and print.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3057
    Crimson do ready made pickup templates, my P90 one was about a fiver delivered, is it really worth the effort of making one?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• WezVWezV Frets: 16746
    Yes. It gives you freedom to do what you want!
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3057
    WezV said:
    Yes. It gives you freedom to do what you want!
    Fairynuff!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• WezVWezV Frets: 16746
    it may sound daft to say I wan't to do my own thing with something as simple as a P-90 route

but as an example,  I did buy the P90 pickup template from stew-mac when i first started making guitars.  it was massively oversized.  actually. the only available P-90 template available on the market at the time was made for dog ear pickups, not soapbars.  so it was massively oversized for what I needed.     I ended up having to make one exactly the right size for a soapbar P-90

• Stewmac have bowed to pressure and resized their P-90 template.

Still a good idea to make your own though.