Pedal projects 2 and 3

What's Hot
Just had my second delivery from bitsbox and I'm looking forward to putting these together.

This time I'm building an ocd and a sweet honey overdrive. It'll be good craic comparing this clone with my movall firefly which is also a sweet honey clone.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I like the way the values are listed.
    Is that how the bits arrived or did you do that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    No I did that I don't want to faff around checking values as I fit the components it also let's me check everything is here. The parts come with the resistors and diodes in one bag, capacitors in another then both of these are in a third with the vero and switch etc. I'm very impressed with bitsbox both my orders have been here the day after my order and they were really helpful when I emailed them with a question.

Weirdly though they've included an extra 500k resistor with each kit which isn't listed on the layout so I'm not sure why.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Adam_MD said:

Weirdly though they've included an extra 500k resistor with each kit which isn't listed on the layout so I'm not sure why.
    Have you checked pot values? perhaps they were out of 250k pots and sent 500k and you are to use the resistor to 'convert' it.
    Thank you Amazon prime for delivering on Sundays. My step drill bits have arrived so I can have a go at drilling my own enclosure this time.

Uploaded with Imgupr
    Right just sat down so start and checked my pots after reading @Gagaryn post above. For the OCD I was supposed to get a 500k log, 500k Lin and a 25k Lin but they've sent me a 470k log, 1m lin and a 10k Lin.

Anyone know if this will make much difference? Just checked and the 10k only reads at jut over 8k. That seems like quite a difference from the 25k pot the kit was supposed to come with.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    The 470k log replacement won't make much difference - have you checked it's measured value? It's most likely in the tolerance range of a cheap 500k pot. You can use the 500k resistor between lugs 1 and 3 of the 1m lin to effectively make it function as a 500k lin but you might find the effective taper is altered, this may not matter. Worth trying the 10k pot and if it's not working as you'd like get a 25k and change it.
    It's ok I've realised what's going on there seems to be confusion on the bitsbox website on the different versions. It says version 2 in the title so I printed off those instructions which lists the 25k pot and 2 500ks but the text states version 3 which uses the pots I've been supplied.
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Build version 3. It's by far the best version. :-)
    Its version 3 I'm building I thought it was 2 but their site had it listed incorrectly. Tested the board earlier and it sounds pretty cool. I'll have to wire up the switch and led tomorrow night then box it up. I'll post some pics when I'm done.
    Hmm so I boxed it up and wired in my led using a 4k7 resistor and the pedal sounds great but my green led is glowing yellow. Anyone know why? with the last pedal I used a red led which has the same the power ratings and it looks fine with a 4k7 resistor.
    edited August 2015
    Well turns out I was an idiot when I wired up the small vero board incorrectly. I put my led on and was firing the full 9 volts through it. Sorted it and all is well :D