New David Gilmour single... not 'new' ??

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
edited August 2015 in Music
I have heard this a couple of times but this seems remarkably similar to Pumped Up Kicks...??

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited August 2015

I also think it sounds very much like this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZrAYxWPN6c

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    David Gilmour stopped being original some time in the late 1980s.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72506
    57Deluxe said:
    I have heard this a couple of times but this seems remarkably similar to Pumped Up Kicks...??
    It certainly does.

David Gilmour stopped being original some time in the late 1980s.
    Despite being responsible for some of my favourite guitar playing ever, in my opinion he hasn't done anything interesting since 1983.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    edited August 2015
    57Deluxe said: I have heard this a couple of times but this seems remarkably similar to Pumped Up Kicks...??

Similar to the point that I had them both playing at once, flipped between them and it still sounded like one track.  Spooky!  Almost tempted to load them into something and sync them up.

ICBM said:
    Despite being responsible for some of my favourite guitar playing ever, in my opinion he hasn't done anything interesting since 1983.

Exactly how I feel about Gilmour.  I've tried really,
    really hard to like his later stuff, but it just leaves me a bit cold for some reason.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --