Kemper vs Behringer FCB

VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
Kemper users (mainly gigging players))!
I'm looking for info on the differences between the genuine Kemper foot controller and the Behringer one with Uno chip.
More the functionality than the build quality etc.

Clearly a big price difference but what do you gain by getting the Kemper one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    Build quality and from what @Drew_fx reported back, the speed of profile change is instant on the KPR (I've got one) vs the FCB having a slight lag. FCB totally usable though, I had one before getting the KPR.
  • For me it was ...build quality,ease of use (the setting up of stomp on/off or whatever is better) it's smaller ....has a better display ...if you're using it regularly it's worth the extra imo ...I still have the FCB/Uno for back-up .....but doubt it'll get used
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    @PVO_Dave @millstudios great info thanks - speed and ease of use definitely seem to feature and althought I don't need one yet as it will mainly be for home recording, I do foresee a future with me gigging it rather than my admittedly already compact rig (Victory and 1x12) which is doing a great job.

I see Drew is selling his - posted on the thread but no answer - still pondering pros and cons of all options anyway!
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    @Vaiai - if you buy the FCB second hand you won't lose too much on it (if anything) when you come to sell, think mine ended up selling for around £60 (which was a little unlucky) they seem to move on for about £70-80 when I was last looking.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    The Looper functionality in the latest OS only works with the Kemper Remote.  You might not want the looper but if you do then you need the official one.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    This thread inspired me to look on the Kemper website.  Delivery time for the remote is down to 10 days now so they seem to have got rid of all the back orders.