Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

pedals that miss the point

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I sold my original and mint Rams Head Big Muff on the old forum to a collector. Just before I put it in a box I plugged it in for the first time in 20 years. Huh?  Surely this device cannot have been my main overdrive for......6 months could it?
    With hindsight, it would have made more sense for me to reach into a pocket at the appropriate moments, and play the solos on a kazoo.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72448

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MaxiMaxi Frets: 13
    edited November 2013

ICBM said: frankus said: I love switching from jazz - blanket over the amp sounds to twangy country sounds, apart from no tone on the bridge (as per my strat and the tele) the 4 knobs is the best way to do it...

it confuses the hell out of me though ... is it tone below or tone behind?
    Wait til you try a Rickenbacker! :))
    I apologise for having so badly diverted this thread, by the way ;).

Other pedals that miss the point… modulation and delay pedals which have too low headroom to work properly in an effects loop, or which digitise the dry signal path without the option of a 'wet only' setting. (The flipside of this is amps which have too high a loop level to work with most pedals, or parallel loops which don't go to 100% wet.)

Not to mention
    Reversed effects that have wet only or no wet / dry mix (Hardwire RV-7 & DL-8 ) 

Can someone explain how to separate a quote from my text , sorry ICBM .
    Maxi
    Flown the nest .
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Maxi said:
    Not to mention Reversed effects that have wet only or no wet / dry mix (Hardwire RV-7 & DL-8 )
    Yup! Pisses me off too!
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    no way a mix would confuse the fuck out of the solossolos eht fo tuo kcuf eht esufnoc dluow xim a yaw on
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72448

Drew_fx said:
    Maxi said:
    Not to mention Reversed effects that have wet only or no wet / dry mix (Hardwire RV-7 & DL-8 )
    Yup! Pisses me off too!
    I prefer to have dry signal as well, with the reverse as more of a separate effect. It's an absolute bugger to play anything like in time if you don't have any dry signal in the mix.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein