Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Word on the street is that Gibson has dropped all 2015 appointments !

What's Hot

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16819
    edited September 2015
    SteveGV said:

All I can say for now is it looks like there's 2 options on most models, HP = High Performance (G Force etc), and T = Traditional specs, so sounds like that's what everyone has been asking for.

Wouldn't that be novel!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveGV said:

All I can say for now is it looks like there's 2 options on most models, HP = High Performance (G Force etc), and T = Traditional specs, so sounds like that's what everyone has been asking for.

Superb if that's the case.

Still I'm sure they'll be something in the specs for people to moan about this year.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11970
    SteveGV said:

Still I'm sure they'll be something in the specs for people to moan about this year.

Something is better than everything :p
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveGVSteveGV Frets: 344
    SteveGV said:

Oh definitely!

**Signed up to reply to a few comments regarding the shop, had a look about....decided to stick around! Opinions are my own and do not represent the views of Guitar Village.**

steve@guitarvillage.com | www.guitarvillage.co.uk

• MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1246
    Twenty years down the line, Rare Vintage 2015 Gibsons will be bought and sold for a shocking amount of cash...
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3666
    MrBump said:
    Twenty years down the line, Rare Vintage 2015 Gibsons will be bought and sold for a shocking amount of cash...
    Stranger things have happened.
  • Neil said:
    I thought it was fairly well known that the 2015's with their weird accoutrements were a one year only model only anyway.

After all, Les Paul is only 100 once.
    Not even :)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8551
    MrBump;766013" said:
    They'll be picked up by some Nirvana style punk Renaissance band
  • I liked the 2015 classic when I played it. If they do start punting them out for <1K I might take a chance...
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4740
    Just waiting for the deluxe GT to go sub £1000........
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    The current prices on 2015's are sitting pretty much just on dealer cost so it's unlikely the prices will drop further, but you never know what's going to happen with Gibson prices!

...unless a certain dealer happened to have their well-known bi-annual sale which involves the boss's mental state coming up very soon, there might be some bargains up for grabs then. 

**Signed up to reply to a few comments regarding the shop, had a look about....decided to stick around! Opinions are my own and do not represent the views of Guitar Village.**

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4740
    I will keep my eyes wide open then
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Oh what a surprise. Can I be the first to say "Told you so"?! :))
  • SteveGV said:
    The current prices on 2015's are sitting pretty much just on dealer cost so it's unlikely the prices will drop further, but you never know what's going to happen with Gibson prices!

...unless a certain dealer happened to have their well-known bi-annual sale which involves the boss's mental state coming up very soon, there might be some bargains up for grabs then. 
    Although, to be fair, the Boss Gone Mad sale seems to be more of a Boss Discounting Most Stock By 10% Sale these days so maybe not quite so exciting.

Not knocking it...just saying.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    SteveGV said:

Although, to be fair, the Boss Gone Mad sale seems to be more of a Boss Discounting Most Stock By 10% Sale these days so maybe not quite so exciting.

I completely understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately there's quite a few discounts we can't show online so the sale doesn't look as appealing as it used to, but the crazy deals are still there so we're working on other ways to get the message across. The best we can do for now is show the "call for BGMS price" so if a guitar you're interested in says that then just get in contact and you might be pleasantly surprised. 
    There's only a couple of lines with as little as 10% off, most are bigger discounts. I've already started working out some mega deals and so far there's upto 75% off selected models already. 

We're launching a new website in the next couple of months so hopefully the BGMS discounts will be much clearer on that (but unfortunately it won't be ready in time for the next sale!)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveGV said:
    SteveGV said:

I completely understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately there's quite a few discounts we can't show online so the sale doesn't look as appealing as it used to, but the crazy deals are still there so we're working on other ways to get the message across. The best we can do for now is show the "call for BGMS price" so if a guitar you're interested in says that then just get in contact and you might be pleasantly surprised. 
    There's only a couple of lines with as little as 10% off, most are bigger discounts. I've already started working out some mega deals and so far there's upto 75% off selected models already. 

We're launching a new website in the next couple of months so hopefully the BGMS discounts will be much clearer on that (but unfortunately it won't be ready in time for the next sale!)
    OK, I stand corrected :)

When is the next sale? Or is that a closely guarded secret... :)
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    edited September 2015
    When I lived in N Ireland in the mid nineties I used to read guitarist and dream about visiting the boss gone mad sale. I'd have queued forever for a £5 U.S. strat. :-)

All we had was Marchetts and Marcus. It was a real eye opener to visit a large store in England that actually had a decent selection of guitars to look at.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    gearaddict;767347" said:

/>
    I suppose it depends how mad he is.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11970
    SteveGV said:
    SteveGV said:

OK, I stand corrected :)

It's about September/October time
  • Adam_MD said:
    gearaddict;767347" said:

/>
    I suppose it depends how mad he is.
    How mad does he have to get before the sale is triggered...and how is it measured?

Standing on a Lego brick in your bare feet - would that do it?