Vintage (Trev Wilkinson)v130 Junior

sawyersawyer Frets: 732
edited August 2015 in Making & Modding
Thinking of getting one of these stripping it back to bare wood,refinish in cherry nitro. Reshape the headstock .Then Creamery dogear p90, Kluson tuners,Fake58 junior wiring loom with cts pots etc and nickle plated lightning strike bridge. I think it a fine plan do yas reckon? Anyone done anythng similar with good results or have one of these guitars and have an opinion regards using one as a donor? They get good reviews as they are. Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Sounds good to me!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• I had a Vintage SG Jr (VS6mspcr?) that'd had the treatment at Raygun Relics.
    Superb wee guitar- I also have a V100 and that's great.

I'd be curious to see the quality of wood under the finish though.
    Other than that it sounds like a relatively simple mod- I rewired my Gibson LP Jr to vintage wiring and it's bloody brilliant: Goes from full blooded rock n roll snarl to a lovely almost acoustic tone just by rolling off the volume and tone.

I'll be watching with interest!
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    I wondered if Raygun guitars used these. He does some really cool stuff. That's the sorta vibe I'd be lookin for. Vintage relic. Sure I've got some tortoise shell scratchplate material kickin about would look cool too.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Good plan. Just bought a used Vintage brand SG, to mess with, and it's pretty damn good, as it stands..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1677
    I reshaped the headstock on a V100 by adding an extra chunk:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/6325/converting-a-lemon-drop-into-a-lucy-pics/p4