New Carr Lincoln

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    Excellent choice of finish, @Wazmeister!

Looking forward to the review :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobcollinsRobcollins Frets: 20
    edited May 2016
    Look foward to hearing how it performs at lower levels on the 6w mode. I've got a Mercury and just got a Skylark and think i need some EL84 goodness in my life
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    Sorry to hijack.., @Robcollins, how are you finding the Skylark? I was sorely tempted recently but went Mercury instead.
    edited May 2016
    double post.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9585
    edited May 2016
    Well, 

A full review will follow, and Ive only had 2/3 hours with it thus far...

Initial thoughts ? The advancement of the Skylark for me personally. Way more versatile, and the lovely option of a non MV (left) and a MV drive channel (right). 

It has strangely reminded of the best tones from the Mesa Express Plus 5:25. Like that amp, you can also drive the 'clean' channel and clean the 'drive' channel if that makes sense...

Works wonderfully at 6.40am-two bedroom house-bedroom volumes in 6w mode. Break up is fantastic and natural, understandably with leanings towards Vox.

There is a hint of Blackface in it too...

The reverb is lush and seems to adapt according to the drive used; don't know if that is a reality but it was on the Skylark, so it sounds similar here. The tank is huge too !

I bet you are having a lot of fun with that!
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 456
    Looks gorge Waz! Hopefully it helps with the GAS ;)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Nice score Warren looking forward to hearing how it compares to the Skylark
  • RobcollinsRobcollins Frets: 20
    Sorry to hijack.., @Robcollins, how are you finding the Skylark? I was sorely tempted recently but went Mercury instead.

I think the Mercury and the Skylark complement each other well. i had a Rambler , which was a lovely sounding amp , but not really suited to low volime at home, and i really wanted a 6v6 based amp this time, so i traded it in for the Skylark. Ive got a Cornell Plexi 7 kicking about that im tempted to sell in order to help fund a Lincoln.
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    I also have a plexi 7 and really like the drive it has but not so much the clean sounds. For those I'd prefer them a bit more voxy snappy and open. Perhaps the Lincoln is the ticket!
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Wazmeister;1078111" said:
    Well, 

A full review will follow, and Ive only had 2/3 hours with it thus far...

Initial thoughts ? The advancement of the Skylark for me personally. Way more versatile, and the lovely option of a non MV (left) and a MV drive channel (right). 

It has strangely reminded of the best tones from the Mesa Express Plus 5:25. Like that amp, you can also drive the 'clean' channel and clean the 'drive' channel if that makes sense...

Works wonderfully at 6.40am-two bedroom house-bedroom volumes in 6w mode. Break up is fantastic and natural, understandably with leanings towards Vox.

There is a hint of Blackface in it too...

The reverb is lush and seems to adapt according to the drive used; don't know if that is a reality but it was on the Skylark, so it sounds similar here. The tank is huge too !

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/P1040308.jpg
    Can't wait for the full review now! I'm interested in how "big" it sounds. The skylark sounded a little small and boxy to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom