Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Oh shit

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I did the same thing about 18 months ago, half the nail of my fretting hand index finger, but lengthways from quick to tip. 10 days away from a gig. Kept it clean, then as soon as I could bear it, let it breathe, maybe two days in. For a week I contemplated cancelling the gig, but I didn't and by the time gig day came it looked a lot better. Still very painful when fretting though.

On the gig I basically covered up the exposed nail bed with Super Glue, thus building an artificial nail and it worked.

Good luck !

Rob.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    I have on repeat occasions done some thing similar: cut between my thumb and forefinger when trimming a blind on my left hand, and sliced my little finger on my right hand when a glass broken when i was washing it up... look after your fingers!!!!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    The only times I ever cut myself with kitchen knives is when I'm sharpening them so in my case the thing about sharper knives being safer isn't always true.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Oh Jesus! I missed the word fingernail on the first reading and was gaping at the screen!

Even so.....quick healing wishes to a much respected (and one of my favourite) fretboarders.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Update! After a couple of extremely painful redressings over the weekend it's not hurting so much any more, which is great, but the nail is still fecked so I'll have to keep a plaster over it for a good few weeks to stop it catching on anything, which still means little guitar, but another millimetre deeper would've been WAY worse, so I'm lucky really.

And you'll be pleased to hear I haven't taken any photos because I'm not a nutter, you lucky things :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Damn , get better quick man
  • more best wishes @stickyfiddle :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Cheers chaps. Might try a bit of piano again, since that doesn't require fingertips quite so much.

First time in 2 years I'm glad I'm not gigging - I'd be bugger if I had to play guitar for 2 hours!
  • Nasty , as a chef I`ve cut my fingers a few times over the years , they bleed like fook, but the injury that stopped me playing for 2 months was shutting my fingertip in the car door , left hand first finger , fingertip went black all the way through . :x

Reminds me .............. I still have the nail somewhere , was going to try it out as a pick .. seriously. :-?

• MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    I too was a chef and had to play a gig Iommi style - but with one of those rubber secretary thimble things on my ring finger. Thankfully it was just a punk band do no serious lead parts!
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6149
    tFB Trader
    10thumbs said:

Nasty , as a chef I`ve cut my fingers a few times over the years , they bleed like fook, but the injury that stopped me playing for 2 months was shutting my fingertip in the car door , left hand first finger , fingertip went black all the way through . :x

Reminds me .............. I still have the nail somewhere , was going to try it out as a pick .. seriously. :-?

minging!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Remind me never to cook... 
    OP, just awful :( 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I was hoping for photos :(
    My V key is broken
  • @holnrew - just for you...

Actually looking remarkably non-fucked compared to a couple of days ago!!

photo 16C9C9FB-CDA8-4C05-A735-943CFA0239BD_zps9t5cllvx.jpg
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    That's nowt, soft lad!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• usedtobe;770869" said:
    That's nowt, soft lad!
    I'm not arguing tbh- It's really way less bad than I thought when I first bundled up the bloody thing!

As I say, v lucky :)

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10273
    Still made me cringe.

Glad to see it's not too bad.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Still made me cringe.

Glad to see it's not too bad.
    This.
    My V key is broken
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Glad to see it's not too bad, also! It's a fine line, after all!

:)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.