PSA, All Ireland Hurling Final on Sunday

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4985
Get yourself down to an Irish pub on Sunday afternoon. The All Ireland Hurling Final is on TV, it might be streamed online too (on RTE). Kilkenny -v- Galway at 3:30. Marvel at the skill and speed of the game. And the players receive no payment, the game is amateur. For the love of the game....
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    edited September 2015
    Hurling is something I regularly take part in on a Saturday evening.

I don't have a clue what is is if I'm honest - I'm heading to You Tube now!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't think Ive ever seen any. I got taken to a Lacross ( spll?) match once and that was a much scarier game than I had imagined - like hockey in mid air - and I vaguley think Hurling is a bit like that?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Yes @EricTheWeary but much faster and considerably more "competitive". TBH the match on Sunday was not as good as the semi-final featuring Galway & Tipperary. But there were some amazing scores. I have attended and watched on TV most team sports, and hurling is by far the best and the most skilful. Mix cricket and ice hockey, add double portions of danger, speed and skill and you are getting close to hurling. If you are in Ireland, you must go to see a game. Incredible is nowhere near enough..
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom