Monitor speakers for Macbook

Morning folks,

I'm starting to play with Garage Band and considering a set of monitors. Currently got ATH-M50 headphones which are great but a bit restrictive.

This is just a personal adventure into playing with sound so I don't need studio grade gear. What would you recommend as good bank for your buck monitors - personal experiences welcome!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1636

Your next step up IMHO should really be an Audio Interface. The Steinberg UR22 has kept a good rep' for some years. If you are really strapped, the Alesis iO2 is pretty good.

I have no experience of macs but I would bet they use the same crap, 50p converter chips that you find in PCs?

Monitors are tricky to call, so many around but DV247 are having a sale atmo. You won't get much any good under £200 except perhaps the small Tannoys (I love my 5As!) but they won't go very loud or very low.

Then! You need to read up on Room Acoustic Treatment.

Dave.

• ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    I'm using an I-rig to plus my guitar in. Would the UR22 offer any improvements? Or does it provide the line out for the monitors as well.

I have no idea on the signal path or components in zee Mac. I'll have a read up on it though.