SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

65 Amps - both SOLD

What's Hot
TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
edited November 2015 in Amps £
I'm having a bit of a rig switcharound, so two of my beloved 65 Amps are up for sale.  Collection from South Manchester is preferred, or I can meet/deliver locally if required.  I can also arrange a courier if needed, assuming I can get hold of some packaging! 

First up is my Lil' Elvis combo.  Full details here on the 65 Amps website:  http://65amps.net/65-amps/lil-elvis

Great review here at Premier Guitar, including tone samples:  http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/65Amps_Lil_Elvis_Combo_Amp_Review

Tone wise, I find it sounds like a Vox AC15 crossed with an 18w Marshall, a nice juicy thick tone at controllable volumes - especially with the Master Voltage power scaling.  I've upgraded the stock Chinese G12H30 Anniversary speaker to a UK made Heritage G12H30 75Hz, and it comes with a (slightly tatty) Roqsolid cover and the original footswitch for the bump/tremolo controls.  The amp is in excellent condition and is working perfectly.  This is a top quality amp with rock solid build quality, custom designed Mercury Magnetic transformers etc.

£899 SOLD

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    edited November 2015
    Also for sale is my Empire head.  Full details from 65 Amps here:  http://65amps.net/65-amps/empire

Premier Guitar review including tone samples here:  http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/65Amps_Empire_Amp_Review

This amp is the best low wattage Marshall-style amp you'll find, and one that very rarely comes up for sale.  Mid-sixties, late-sixties and late-seventies JTM and JMP Marshall tones all in one amp, and Master Voltage to control the power output.  I've owned this amp from new and it's in excellent condition, plus it comes with its original footswitch.  Again, this is a top quality amp with rock solid build quality, custom designed Mercury Magnetic transformers etc.  I've used this as my main amp for around 3 years and it hasn't missed a single beat - unlike many other amps I've owned!

£1199 SOLD

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Are you interested in trades?
    edited September 2015
    It's unlikely as I'm fairly sorted for amps, but if you have something of comparable quality then let me know  :0)
    Back to the top please  :0)
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I want to know what you've replaced those with! Some tasty amps there.
    I've not replaced them with anything Pete, I'm just using my other 65 Amps as they're slightly better suited to me, my guitars and my band.

My main amp is a 65 Amps Stone Pony, and I use a 65 Amps Marquee Club for backup.  I just have too many amps for my needs.....!

1reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    Nice! I take it you like the brand?!
    You could say I like Dan's work, yes.....  ;0)
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7928
    edited September 2015
    I've got the Lil' Elvis head and 2x12 cab.   Awesome sounding amp, can't recommend it highly enough.

Best of luck with the sale.

Marlin
  • Great amps.....
    My No1 is also a Stone Pony - playing through a 65amps 1x12 with Celestion Gold.

Good luck with the sale(s).....

Thanks folks!

And ssuttie, if you ever want to sell your Stone Pony give me a shout  :0)
    Lil' Elvis is sold, so a bump for the Empire...
    Empire on hold pending funds.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11626
    tFB Trader
    Aargh - how did I mis this ?
    TF - if the Empire falls through - let me know

I tune into Dan Boul's lunch show every week on the web - fun show with lots of amp talk

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

Hi Jon,

Will do.  I'm supposedly meeting the buyer in a week or so to complete the sale, otherwise I'll be in touch!