Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Help me buy a new acoustic.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2938

The best thing is to go out and try a shitload. I didn't get on with the Faiths I tried, Yamahas were nice but wasn't mad on the neck profile, Taylors didn't sound good enough for the money etc... I ended up with a Tanglewood that fits me perfectly and sounds great with my fingers. The Faiths, Yamahas etc were all great guitars, just not for me.

I know the classic "try a bunch" answer is as helpful as a chocolate teapot in these threads, but I find with acoustics you really need to find one that fits you and your touch perfectly for you to get the best out of it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10347
    Thanks guys.

@Bidley that's the problem,there's no shops round here with a big enough stock to try a large range.

I'm actually quite tempted by the Yamaha LS6 ARE.It's got great reviews,is made from decent materials and the smaller body with a regular scale length definitely appeals.I think that's the one I'll probably go for.I can always return it if it's not right I suppose.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveGVSteveGV Frets: 344
    You won't find much better value for money than Faith, I honestly think they've priced them too cheap

**Signed up to reply to a few comments regarding the shop, had a look about....decided to stick around! Opinions are my own and do not represent the views of Guitar Village.**

steve@guitarvillage.com | www.guitarvillage.co.uk

• SteveGV pretty much said everything I was going to say - Can't go wrong in that price range
  • Washburn?  What's happened to them?
  • woodywoody Frets: 74
    Im gonna wade in with faith too..theres also a very interesting looking eastman in the classifieds..
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    thebreeze;799753" said:
    Washburn?  What's happened to them?
    Still going, I think..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2810
    I hadn't heard or seen a Washburn for ages.  I still have mine from the '80's and its always been really nice to play but it's not a traditional acoustic sound - tighter and not boomy for sure.  Prompted by usedtobe's comment I looked for them - the Warren Hayes model looks really cool I think, and only £375.
  • I have a Taylor but it's a high end one. 816.
    I do have a tanglewood n for the money it's a lovely guitars.
  • woodywoody Frets: 74
    I think sambostar has right idea but why use fakers..check out the eastman on here.come with a massive reputation.some very skillful jazzers i know play their archtops and rave about them.