Shared backline and kit !

BGGBGG Frets: 689
Did a posh party gig last night and it was only an hours slot so decided to use the main bands backline after they kindly offered.

Guitarist was using one of those tiny Hayden Mofo 30 heads with a homemade 1x12 cab ... and it sounded great.
Plugged in and it was a decent clean sound, used my board straight in and it sounded great, cut through the mix well and sounded good on stage.

Great little portable rig !
#thebatesmotelband
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72449
    edited September 2015
    I've played through some very unlikely amps and got great sounds at shared-backline gigs but I have to say a Mofo would fill me with dread if I turned up and saw one! I can't get any sound I like out of them at all.

Blues Juniors are another one… but I've heard other people using them and they can sound OK.

Glad it worked out for you :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BGGBGG Frets: 689
    I know I was a bit worried myself lol had my Deluxe Reverb in the car just incase but decided not to bother as this was ok.
    #thebatesmotelband
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2246
    I get lost on amps that dont sound good with all the eq knobs at 12 o clock. If i have to share a 'strange' amp like a Boogie I'll get another guitarist to set it up and use as is. 

I do that on bass as well. Shared a poratflex with another bassist. Literally turned up, plugged in, played and unplugged and started drinking Jack. I have no idea what controls those things have. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72449
    slacker said:
    I do that on bass as well. Shared a poratflex with another bassist. Literally turned up, plugged in, played and unplugged and started drinking Jack. I have no idea what controls those things have. 
    I did that recently since the bass amp (also some little Ampeg) was on the wrong side of the stage for our band set-up and it wasn't convenient to move it, so I just ran a long lead across and got the soundman to put more bass in the monitor on my side. I have no idea how the amp was set, I never even listened to it - just trusted the soundman to do a good job and have it sounding good out front. Apparently it did.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein