Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Band - The Last Waltz

2»

Comments

• the more I listen to it the more I am falling in love with......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just watched this...very cool ;)
  • JasonJason Frets: 1106
    tFB Trader
    tbm said:

It is werid to see him high kicking and generally not being the grumpy git he usually is.
    Totally! I love the camera focuses on him for those few seconds where he doesn't know what the Band are going to do next and he looks so unsure of himself.
    this might by why

Drug use

Scorsese has admitted that during this period, he was using cocaine heavily.[14] Drugs were present in large quantities during the concert.[12] A large blob of cocaine hanging from Neil Young's nose was edited out in post-production through rotoscoping.[12][15]

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • Neil Diamond and Bob Dylan allegedly had a run in too.

'The story goes like this: “At The Last Waltz, Neil Diamond came off stage and Bob is just about to go on. As he came off, Diamond said, ‘you’re really gonna have to go some to follow me, man, I was so great.’

And Bob says, ‘What do you want me to do, go on stage and fall asleep?’”

That is from a Ron Wood interview in Q Magazine (#75) from 1992.

• Apparently Neil Diamond only appeared at Robbie Robertson's insistence as he was producing an album by Diamond at the time. As a compromise by the rest of The Band, they only allowed Diamond one song as he had no real musical connection to the rest of the group.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9741
    edited October 2015
    Really not that keen on the movie except, of course, for The Weight with the Staples Singers which is made from pure weapons-grade awesome.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    feck me how awesome is this, and boy can Robbie Robertson play... just that one concert has increased my appreciation for 60s/70s artists 1000%
    Strat into a Bassman...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I watched  a documentary on Levon Helm  ( can't remember on what channel )  and that's well worth a watch too, had to keep stopping due to his health but when he was fit to work he was still great