plugin packages - WAVES etc - which are best, especially for reverb and multiband compressors

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    Waves is good value- a lot in there for what you pay.
    I have the Mercury bundle but maybe 40% of the plugins get used regularly.
    The best Waves bundles are the API, Classic Comps & SSL for me.

IMHO no one is making better sounding plugins than Slate Digital.
    Fabrice is a genius.
    The VBC nails the compressors it models and I have, or have had, this hardware compressors.

I moved from PTHD to a native system (Apogee Symphony) about 5 years ago.
    In the last 2 years I've been completely happy with latency and plugin offerings and I prefer Logic's workflow.
    In most cases it comes down to what you know- I started with Logic, went PT then back to Logic with HD hardware, then back to a native system.

There is still a small performance gap if you are tracking live drums and want to do a lot of monitor mixes but for most situations I'm in I prefer my current rig.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_fx said:
    Hmmm... that SPL Crimson looks interesting.

It's a good unit. Conversion is very good, preamps are quality, two headphone sockets, and two DI inputs nailed it for me. I tried it alongside the Audient ID22 and there's little to choose between the pair. The Audient is a little brighter sounding, the SPL less so. Drivers for the Crimson were patchy to begin with but SPL have kept updating them regularly and they now work very well. 

• I bought waves platinum
    so far liking the multibands, reverbs and the stereo field tweaker, and Vitaminic