Blackstar Wedding amps

What's Hot
Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10415

Just setting up for tonight's wedding and tonight we've using white HT5's which I think match the chairs and tables very well indeed :)

www.2020studios.co.uk 
1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    edited September 2015
    Please tell me you're not wearing White trousers for this gig to match?

;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hope your set list includes both White Wedding by Billy Idol and Bring your daughter by Iron Maiden
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10415

ESBlonde said:
    Please tell me you're not wearing White trousers for this gig to match?

;-)
    No ... But that is a good idea ! 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • If I ever go on Room 101 on that there television one of my choices will be radio dj's who play White Wedding ( or the people who request it) for a wedding dedication. FFS choose something else! :x
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Tidy. Probably a daft question but does the HT5 have enough volume to compete with a drummer without going through the PA? 
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    The lead guitarist ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Hope your set list includes both White Wedding by Billy Idol and Bring your daughter by Iron Maiden
    Hahaha, plus lol to the white trousers comment. 

Don't think the HT5 would be loud enough on its own, right? 

What backups / spares do you take for wedding gigs given the importance of the event? I'd love to do wedding gigs! Please try and get a video of your band!!

So you like Blackstar? I've played through some great valve amps recently but honestly, the TVP I have sounds good, has lots of redundancy (in-built FX, two speakers etc) and I don't have to mess with valves. No messing and under £500.
    Tidy. Probably a daft question but does the HT5 have enough volume to compete with a drummer without going through the PA? 
    Mines always mic'ed but there's been plenty of gigs where I've been told to turn down cos I'm overpowering the front, they are loud little amps into a sensitive speaker

@EricThe Weary ... I would wager a bet I have played White Wedding more times than Billy Idol has :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Nice amp Danny. Do Blackstar do the cabs to match?
    @cruxiform

Yeah they do matching cabs, tonight we have a head and matching cab and a combo ... these :

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phwoar! What a lovely little setup!
    Hope your set list includes both White Wedding by Billy Idol and Bring your daughter by Iron Maiden
    Hahaha, plus lol to the white trousers comment. 

Don't think the HT5 would be loud enough on its own, right? 

What backups / spares do you take for wedding gigs given the importance of the event? I'd love to do wedding gigs! Please try and get a video of your band!!

So you like Blackstar? I've played through some great valve amps recently but honestly, the TVP I have sounds good, has lots of redundancy (in-built FX, two speakers etc) and I don't have to mess with valves. No messing and under £500.
    We have spares of pretty much everything, even spare mixing desk because you never know what's gonna wrong. Yeah I like Blackstar amps they are cheap, reliable and sound like a Marshall ... I have 2 HT5's and one was £150 and the other £120 so very cheap.  Never changed a valve in em ever

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    Very nice!

Actually come to think of it, the only wedding I played I used my fawn AC30 and thought it fitted in nicely, in contrast to the usual gigs alongside metal acts using Marshall/ Dual Rec stacks.
  • If those things are loud enough in such a small package then I'd be tempted. 

I know given the guitars I've got I should play through some £200,000 amp but I agree with your arguments. They look cool, too. 

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Danny1969 said:
    @cruxiform

Yeah they do matching cabs, tonight we have a head and matching cab and a combo ... these :

They actually look cool - hard to keep clean? I have a boring black HT5C.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Fretwired;793676" said:
    Danny1969 said:

@cruxiform

They actually look cool - hard to keep clean? I have a boring black HT5C.
    Depends if you use the clean channel ;)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Got a photo for you .... as you can see this wedding lark calls for decorum and reserved behavior :)

First time I've played a Fender Jazz, what a great guitar 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Amazing!!
  • For the last wedding we did I rented a JCM 800 half stack from Robannas. I had my 900 in for repair and tried to get a replacement.. they said "I think we've got an 800?".... errr yes please!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• NIce TVL JM too