I'm hopeless with tabs ....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DLM;816435" said:
    bingefeller said:

I can read music but my reading is slow and it will take me another month or two to get it up to a decent standard.  

@bingefeller Holy crap! You reckon? Are you planning on using hypnotism? Accelerated learning? NPL? Scientology? Tom Hess? Whatever it is, if it works I want to know how to do it!
    I taught myself the names of the notes and have been working on it over the past few years. It's only ovwer the past few weeks that I have really been working on it hard.  I'm ok with reading rythms, its just the note names I need to work on a bit more to memorise them better.  I'm 90% there. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @bingefeller I'm the other way round - reading rhythms is still tricky (I should concentrate more on the Louis Bellson book that Frankus recommended, but it's usually semiquavers tied over beat boundaries that mess me up), whereas reading pitch is IMO a whole lot easier.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Phil_aka_Pip;816847" said:
    @bingefeller I'm the other way round - reading rhythms is still tricky (I should concentrate more on the Louis Bellson book that Frankus recommended, but it's usually semiquavers tied over beat boundaries that mess me up), whereas reading pitch is IMO a whole lot easier.
    Years ago I played a lot of classical stuff which I fpund was a great help for rhythmic playing. Some of those 100 greatest riff books are good also.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15967
    try the suppositories
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    The answer is have the info broken down into bite sized chunks. The published Tabs in mags etc have to convey a lot of info into a short space... when I supply Tabs for sections with my students I make it easy to follow and understand.

You can have this one for nowt!

http://i62.tinypic.com/szkkl2.jpg
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself