SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1966 Gibson SG Melody Maker - Pelham Blue!! Outrageously Cool!!

What's Hot
woody_89woody_89 Frets: 123
edited November 2015 in Guitars £
Hi folks,

Up for sale, rather regrettably, is my 1966 Gibson Melody Maker, in the later SG shape, in THE colour to have, Pelham Blue! A real dream guitar has come up for me, so I've got to let a few go to fund it.

The guitar is in wonderfully original condition - even the solder on the pots has never been touched! In the photos the guitar has some repro tuners on, but originals will be refitted again before sale. 
The lacquer has aged to a green-y shade, and has a load of finish checking, which I've tried to capture in the photos.

I'm not sure if it's had a refret, but there's plenty of life left in them, and it plays wonderfully with a nice low action.

The one 'issue' with it is that the right hand side wing of the headstock has split off and been reglued and dowelled at some point in the last 49 years. Not quite a headstock break in the traditional sense, but obviously something that must be mentioned. However, it doesn't impact on the guitar's tuning stability at all, and is nothing to worry about whatsoever.

Acoustically the guitar rings like a bell, particularly when strung up to bypass the vibrato unit. Very rich sound with great sustain and nice sparkly top end. Plugged in, it sounds like a fat tele. Lots of twang, but with a lot more low-mids, probably more akin to a Jazzmaster than anything else.

Comes in a nineties tan Gibson case.

I'm looking for £925 £850 £775, but any reasonable offers listened to, as I really do need it gone!
Based in Leeds, but travel around a fair bit and happy to try and sort out delivery where doable :)
Any questions please ask!

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments