Panto Pit

What's Hot
I'm in the pit again for this year's panto. Last year was a gas.

On the song list this year (I only recognised 2 titles YMCA and The Lumberjack Song) was "In the land of make believe", so along with all the others I didn't recognise I searched youtube for it. That title was, I discovered, a Moody Blues number but ... there were umpteen pages of Bucks Fizz doing something totally different but with the same title. You never know we could get lucky and the MD wants the Moody Blues number, but somehow I think we'll end up with the Bucks Fizz.  
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33884
    Oh no you aren't.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Its behind you.
  • Panto season - the one time of year when public cross dressing is met with approval by parents of small children.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • I was thinking about that Bucks Fizz song earlier. My brother had the album it was off and it was a great one for headphones as there were stereo effects all over the shop. Very catchy too.
    Run for the son little one, you're an outlaw on the run...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3597
    It'll be the catchy pop song, you'd be surprised how much production goes into some of these songs.

• ESBlonde said:
    It'll be the catchy pop song, you'd be surprised how much production goes into some of these songs.

In inverse proportion to the musical content, I'll wager.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • I played bass in a panto once. Was quite good. I just spent most of the time getting  jamming Free tunes at the practices because I rarely play bass and Andy Fraser is a legend!
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1273
    edited November 2013
    Prog classic? (1h 20m 45s)

http://youtu.be/azATTD_ufdY?t=1h20m45s

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited November 2013
    Prog classic? (1h 20m 45s)

Shit.  I wish I'd notice that bit an hour and twenty minutes ago.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • I played bass in a panto once. Was quite good. I just spent most of the time getting  jamming Free tunes at the practices because I rarely play bass and Andy Fraser is a legend!
    Did you get the gig again? At our rehearsals we have to play what's on the pad.
    Did you get the gig again? At our rehearsals we have to play what's on the pad.
    Yeah, although I turned it down because I wanted to focus on the six string a little bit more. We got to influence a lot of what songs were chosen as well which was quite good... although I'd say I still wasn't happy with about 60% of them!
  • ah ... we in the pit get no choice - we have to play what we're told. you clearly had more freedom!
  • ah ... we in the pit get no choice - we have to play what we're told. you clearly had more freedom!
    It'll still be enjoyable and good learning experience if you have material you wouldn't normally play!
  • Agreed :)
  • @Panama_Jack666 Your prediction is right, as I suspected it would be. And ... the actress I fell in lust with last year is in the cast again ;)
  • @Panama_Jack666 Your prediction is right, as I suspected it would be. And ... the actress I fell in lust with last year is in the cast again ;)
    It's always nice when there's someone easy on the eye there - also, as your a part of the band, you're infinitely cooler than everyone in the room!

Glad you enjoyed it!

**** Panto love interest story ****

At my panto, there was this gay dude who was a part of the cast that fell head over heels for me. I don't swing that way so I politely told him I wasn't interested but was very flattered all the same. However, he continued to stalk me for the following 3 months.

He got a hold of my number and sent me really explicit texts. I found it hilarious for a while. Eventually, it got annoying when he was saying stuff like... well, explicit stuff... at like... 10AM.

Panto organiser found out and told him he wasn't allowed to be a part of the cast the year after! She almost called the police for me as well as it was very quickly escalating to harassment!

I found it all quite amusing when I think about it.

I wish I still had all the texts - there was some quality banter in there. All I really remember was how it all started...

<Unknown number> R U Horny?
    <Me> Moderately. Who's this?
  • Something didn't seem right the other day in rehearsal, so I checked my pad. The pad is piano music. I had gone through it beforehand marking up chords on it to save me from having to read note stacks when comping. Some of the chords were wrong. Moral: don't do that job late at night past gin o'clock time.
  • Message from me to MD sent this morning. QUOTE:
    You were very pissed off when you left last night. I'm not sure why but if it was because of me I'll offer you an apology now and you can tell me what the apology is to be for this evening. FWIW I thought there were less boob-oos in the pit last night than previously but you may well have heard things that I didn't. I hope we have a good time this evening.
    UNQUOTE

His reply. QUOTE:
    Thanks for you very kind and supportive message.

Please don't worry.  I think we suffered somewhat from "2nd Night-itis" which is where the concentration lapses a little as we had a successful first night!  ~We did have a few silly mistakes - some from me as well - so I guess I was self-pissed-off as much as anything!  We just need to keep "heads up" so we can work together to give the cast the fullest support we can.  I'm sure we'll have a great remaining five shows!

See you this evening - and if I was over the top I shall wear sack-cloth and ashes!

See you at the theatre, and thanks again for your support.  Worry not!
    UNQUOTE

So, we hope to continue having fun!