Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Weirdest "Outro" of a song

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
I don't know if there are many weird outros, but I always thought that Sunshine of your love was a weird one - that same one chord just hammering away for ages, literally ages!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    What's weird about that? :)
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11404
    Punishment of Luxury's Jellyfish ends with someone doing a John Noakes impression - "For that you get a Blue Peter badge".
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 618
    edited November 2013
    My favourite outro is 'hard loving man' off DP In Rock where Blackmore, 1970 I think that was, puts in an end solo & then just abuses his guitar for about two mins whilst the band ramp down the jam. Unusual for studio albums at the time that usually followed a set formula with little alternative improvisation
    Check it out - LOUD - let me know yr thoughts

What's weird about it ? To set about doing this means Blackmore must be in a good mood haha (if not weird certainly rare then !!)

Loved it since it came out & never lost that love

Cheers
    Baz
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72915
    Barclay James Harvest - Suicide?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    ICBM said:
    Barclay James Harvest - Suicide?
    What happens at the end - does wolstenholme kill himself?
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3953
    Burglar by The Damned. A yappy dog barking it's head off. I love it. You can't dance to it though.
    axisus said:
    What happens at the end - does wolstenholme kill himself?
    Someone pushes him :). Hence the question mark in the title… it's a bit freaky if you listen to it for the first time (or at least listen to it properly, I think I'd heard it before) when you're stoned ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• The Gift (Velvet Underground)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Deadman;78086" said:
    Burglar by The Damned. A yappy dog barking it's head off. I love it. You can't dance to it though.
    In a similar vein, at the end of elvis' 70's hit moody blue - as soon as the music stops if you turn the volume up load you'll hear elvis' dog barking.
    He recorded it in the jungle room at graceland.
  • "Loud" that is, not "load"!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8822
    I always liked the outro to Virginia Plain
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited November 2013
    I've always thought this ends very weirdly considering it's a feel-good pop song - you've got the amazing uplifting chorus and everything but then it goes into what is actually a rather sinister-sounding outro, IMO.

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Queen - The Miracle

I like the song, it is a very unusual ending though going from the solo to the vocal chorus and making it work.

Only a Fool Would Say That.

Queen - The Miracle 

I like the song, it is a very unusual ending though going from the solo to the vocal chorus and making it work.

I'd forgotten that one. I don't think it does really work - it just sounds like they ran out of steam so they blended the tape of the chorus in over the top.

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7904
    Queen do like quirky outros - Seven Seas Of Rhye and One Vision spring to mind.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pink Floyd - Bike seems to me to be in the same category as Seven Seas Of Rhye
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • ICBM said:

Queen - The Miracle 

I'd forgotten that one. I don't think it does really work - it just sounds like they ran out of steam so they blended the tape of the chorus in over the top.

It's a funny one isn't it?

If it was planned that way from the start then that vocal line would be considered as "the message" at the end of the song and they would have planned out the song structure ie: working out when the guitar break is going to come in and fade out and then into the vocals.

Another possibility is that the idea for the vocal line came later on in the recording of the album and a they dubbed it in for the final release.

I'm probably not making sense

:-S
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7504
    edited November 2013
    This one is a bit weird, but quite cool and ends the album.

I think it's just Synyster being let off the leash (he only has a couple of solos on the whole album as he'd just joined, but they're all pretty amazing) while the rest of the track is slowed down, creating all sorts of weird pitch shifting...

It starts at 5.20.  Add this with the solo at the end of second heartbeat and you can tell he's a pretty accomplished player...
  • vizviz Frets: 10760
    Deadman said:

Nibbled to death by an okapi.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12476
    Purple Rain has a strange ending....all those minor key layered strings.