Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA Mesa amps sale at GuitarGuitar

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    Anyone know what speakers are in the 2x12 Express cab?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andyoz;808465" said:
    I got the TA30 head and 2 x 12 Transatlantic cabinet.

Don't feel so bad now about sitting in their Epsom shop for a few hours the other day (not that they've made much out of me on this order...)
    Nice buy mate :)

Hope it arrives knowing how bad their stock levels are.
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited October 2015
    Oh well, if it doesn't then it wasn't meant to be.  Although the TA30 is showing sold out now so that should be me.

I was originally just wanting the 2 x 12 cabinet to load up with some nice drivers and use with the Friedman as an ultra portable 2 x 12 open backed.
  • No probs, @Cirrus!
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Anyone know what speakers are in the 2x12 Express cab?
    It's 180W so it will be the c90s.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Maynehead said:
    Only the Black Shadow C90 cabs are left. Not that they're bad speakers but the V30s do kick more ass.
    I found the opposite… although it depends what you mean! The V30 is more aggressive in the upper mids and cuts through better, but the C90 is chunkier, more powerful-sounding and actually (very slightly) even louder.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Are you referring to the Mesa V30s IC? I'm not a huge fan of regular V30s but the Mesa ones seem to fix everything I don't like about the regular ones.

All in the context of my particular amp of course.
    Maynehead said:
    Are you referring to the Mesa V30s IC? I'm not a huge fan of regular V30s but the Mesa ones seem to fix everything I don't like about the regular ones.
    Yes, the Mesa ones. They do sound a bit fuller than the standard V30, but the C90 still has the edge for sheer welly :). Other than the EVM it's probably the loudest 12" speaker I can think of, despite some others claiming more on paper.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I've got the c90 in my nomad, it's a beast of a speaker. I like v30s in the recto cabs but that's about it.
  • Drew_fx said:
    Be careful when buying cabs from Guitar Guitar, particularly ones that use Mesa Trac-Lock wheels. You might not end up with a full product!
    In fairness to them it may actually be because the previous owner didn't return them.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Ahhhh!!! Foul temptress!! Been gassing for an electradyne for a while. No need for one. Ahh, thank god these are in Glasgow, otherwise I'd be going up to brummy land on saturday.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    My order is showing as 'Sent' so all going to plan so far...
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drew_fx said:
    Be careful when buying cabs from Guitar Guitar, particularly ones that use Mesa Trac-Lock wheels. You might not end up with a full product!
    In fairness to them it may actually be because the previous owner didn't return them.
    The person who wisdom'd this didn't get the joke.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:
    The person who wisdom'd this didn't get the joke.
    Me. Because sadly it isn't funny… or only in a fairly pointed kind of way.

edited October 2015
    The TA30 turned up just now.

Looks really nice and just the right size/wight.  Although the box has clearly been opened before and it doesn't have that 'new' smell if you know what I mean.  Hope it isn't ex-demo as 'End of Line' is different to 'Ex-Demo' and it say "New" on the receipt.

Anyway, I've emailed them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    ^ Let us know what happens (if you're ok with doing that). :) I agree with you- it's great to get a bargain, but a sale price doesn't mean you should be allowed to misdescribe stuff.
    I'm going to teturn it.

A shame as I like slot of things about it. Opened my ears to the el84 sound after being stuck in el34 world for a while.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Missed this and wishing I'd grabbed one the of recto 2x12 cabs.   That's a good price.     
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    andyoz said:
    I'm going to teturn it.

A shame as I like slot of things about it. Opened my ears to the el84 sound after being stuck in el34 world for a while.
    Yeah if you're not happy you shouldn't have to put up with it, and it's safer in the long run to return it.
    edited October 2015
    Why? Might it not be that the box was opened to check over the amp properly, instead of just shipping it straight from the distributor?

If it was a good price does it even matter if it's ex-demo? As long as it's in new condition and has a full warranty, I don't see the problem.

Odd that you would return an amp you like at a great price just because you don't think it's "new" enough.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom