SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sell me your Matt Schofield CD's!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Hmmm...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just as an update...

Only really need Live at the Jazz Cafe and Far As I Can See.

Can get Far As I Can See from anywhere. Jazz Cafe is the one I'm struggling with. Willing to give a good price!
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2198
    edited February 2016
    Sorry, off topic.

Matt Schofield IMHO and is a monster player. He has that elusive magical 'Robben Ford thing' where, what he plays seems within reach, but it never sounds as good when I try to replicate it.

It's one thing to practice a technically difficult solo until you can get the notes. But it's pretty hard to deal with being able to play the notes, but somehow not be able to capture that magic :(.

I used to go to a blues jam at the Red Lion in Twickenham (now closed down), where the general level of playing varied from surreally bad to shreddy virtuosity.

I remember the first time I heard him. I was at the Red Lion at the other side of the pub and I heard one note. It grabbed my attention straight away. Obvious class and a standout player. I usually made my excuses not to play at the jam when he was around. In comparison, my shreddy licks sounded a bit pale and lacking in a blues context.
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142;959290" said:
    Sorry, off topic.

Matt Schofield IMHO and is a monster player. He has that elusive magical 'Robben Ford thing' where, what he plays seems within reach, but it never sounds as good when I try to replicate it.

It's one thing to practice a technically difficult solo until you can get the notes. But it's pretty hard to deal with being able to play the notes, but somehow not be able to capture that magic :(.

I used to go to a blues jam at the Red Lion in Twickenham (now closed down), where the general level of playing varied from surreally bad to shreddy virtuosity.

I remember the first time I heard him. I was at the Red Lion at the other side of the pub and I heard one note. It grabbed my attention straight away. Obvious class and a standout player. I usually made my excuses not to play at the jam when he was around. In comparison, my shreddy licks sounded a bit pale and lacking in a blues context.
    Wisdom awarded!

He's got a midas touch when it comes to playing a note or notes. I really exploits his touch when playing using dynamics and responding to what the band are doing.

On top of that he hits the right notes at the right time and isn't shreddy nonsense in my opinion. I like his use of half step whole step betweem the IV chord and I chord. I'm stealing all of his licks!
  • I'm bumping this for Live At The Jazz Cafe!