Fractal FX8 users question

What's Hot

Comments

• i was messing with mine today not setting up for a band just noodling at home and wow this thing sounds incredible, it's nice messing around with top quality modulations and reverbs.

I also had the OCD drive into my JCM800 and wow what a lead tone :D

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I'm bereft of multi-fx
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • i did my first show with the FX8 last night and honestly it sounded so good, it worked perfectly and it was easily the best live tone i've ever had :D

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    Moltisanti;977855" said:
    i did my first show with the FX8 last night and honestly it sounded so good, it worked perfectly and it was easily the best live tone i've ever had :D
    First time I used mine at a gig was the most compliments I've ever had too. It certainly ticks all the boxes.

Also I didn't realise that Guthrie was now an FX8 user. If it's good enough for him.....

FX8 is at 5.45
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
    DavusPG said:
    Moltisanti;977855" said:
    i did my first show with the FX8 last night and honestly it sounded so good, it worked perfectly and it was easily the best live tone i've ever had :D
    First time I used mine at a gig was the most compliments I've ever had too. It certainly ticks all the boxes.

Also I didn't realise that Guthrie was now an FX8 user. If it's good enough for him.....

FX8 is at 5.45
    Guthrie's facial expressions early in the video while the interviewer blabs on in Spanish are hilarious..
  • anyone know how long the wait will be until the guys at G66 get some stock? and how long the queue is?

Looks like you gotta prepay now and wait patiently
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    KickTheHabit;980256" said:
    anyone know how long the wait will be until the guys at G66 get some stock? and how long the queue is?

Looks like you gotta prepay now and wait patiently
    Don't think you have to pay to be on the waiting list.
  • KickTheHabitKickTheHabit Frets: 93
    edited February 2016
    was on the G66 site and if you add an FX8 to your basket and checkout it asks for prepayment?

maybe it just pre authourises it and charges you when the stock comes in.. no idea of when that might be though!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33805
    was on the G66 site and if you add an FX8 to your basket and checkout it asks for prepayment?

maybe it just pre authourises it and charges you when the stock comes in.. no idea of when that might be though!
    Call them.
    I've never had to prepay for Fractal gear from G66.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Yes just email and Sussi will get back to you very quickly.
    I've dismantled my other pedalboard today.
    It hasn't been getting used and I have about £2k in it, sitting around getting dusty.

They'll be in the classifieds soon.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    octatonic said:
    It hasn't been getting used and I have about £2k in it, sitting around getting dusty.

What you got?? ;)
    Drew_fx said:
    octatonic said:

What you got?? ;)
    I'm not selling it all- the KoT, Sunface and Zendrive are staying.

Timefactor, Bluesky, Klon KTR, Analogman Comprosser, Analogman Chorus, Polytune mini are up for sake.

• @octatonic - ive done exactly the same mate, and now have added a few thousands to my bank account...
  • just messed with the EQ on the Ruckus and it sounds really good, i think the default EQs on the drives are not great, but if you spend a couple of minutes they come to life

• I guess it depends on your guitar and amp, but I found the Ruckus a bit dark at its default setting. How did you EQ it?
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I found most of the drives on the fx8 sounded better when I opened up the high and low pass filters.   iirc going to the eq page while editing the drive block I was upping the high cut to around 3.5K and dropping the low cut to around 200 or thereabouts.
    edited February 2016
    just messed with the EQ on the Ruckus and it sounds really good, i think the default EQs on the drives are not great, but if you spend a couple of minutes they come to life
    I go into the 3 band EQ and boost mids and high end by 1-3db, depending on the amp.
    Make sure you have the tone dial all the way up with the Ruckus- it works like a high cut and IMHO sounds better on 10.
  • Thanks for the tips folks.
  • yep put the tone on the Ruckus up 100%, then up the high pass filter a fair bit too and then it sounds really good