Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What does your band charge?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7803
    Based in switzerland which makes an intetesting comparrison.

I'm in an originals band at the moment. Generally we charge 800chf which is around 600gbp. So it's a pretty good earner.

We also do free gigs to if the crowed/exposure makes it worth while.

When I was in the UK it was about 200 gbp I think.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Weddings/functions are £150 a man minimum but generally higher, although as the designated "man with splitter van, big PA and lights" I tend to get a slightly bigger slice. Don't tend to bother with pubs apart from the odd one as a favour, not worth giving up a rare night with the Mrs and kids for the pittance I'll get.

I recently found out just how much the agency puts out our Motown band for (it's a very "managed" band, not a traditional agency setup) and it's a frighteningly large sum that we don't see all that much of. Enough regular work from it that I shouldn't complain too much but they could definitely afford to be a touch less stingy with the muso fees!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2413
    Bloody hell.

We get anywhere from £160 for 3 hours (finishing at 2am. Yes, 2am) to £750 for two gigs plus all expenses paid in Belgium!
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    edited October 2015
    My covers band technically just got paid a little over 4 grand for 90 minutes... That was an all expenses Germany trip. Actually, that 4 grand didn't cover expenses when we were there - so proabably a bit more. **EDIT - We didn't get an actual fee for the gig, That was just the cost of flights, ferrys, van and hotels!**

Usually 300 - 600 doing the odd working mens club and private parties. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom