I seriously NEVER thought I would do this..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736

imageI ordered them on the 15th - they arrived this morning. From Japan. I'm impressed. I like the feel of the picks themselves - twangy and spongy-snappy. You know when you drop an Ultex pick on a hard surface, and they go "tinkle!"? These don't. They're softer, sort of rubberised. They're a tad rounded at the tip in comparison to your standard Dunlop-profile plectrum, but I would be curious to see what the Jazz prototype looks like. Could you take a photo?
     - Ed
     - Ed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3987
    Got my set of 3mm picks today with an extra prototype as above. I really like these too. I usually use 3mm stubby picks so I'm used to the size but I really like the material these are made from, they feel great.
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    edited August 2013
    Here's a picture of the jazz prototype:

Beside a 2mm for reference. It's a lump of a thing but surprisingly comfortable.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I was just about to order some and give them a try but realised from the pics they might be the smaller sized picks -  or are they standard normal size?
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    No, they're normal size, though there some people have been given prototype smaller ("jazz" sized, after the Dunlop Jazz picks) picks too.

I've experimentally put a bit of a point on one of them using the file on my Leatherman. It's easy material to work into any shape you like. 

- Ed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    EdGrip said:
    No, they're normal size, though there some people have been given prototype smaller ("jazz" sized, after the Dunlop Jazz picks) picks too.

I've experimentally put a bit of a point on one of them using the file on my Leatherman. It's easy material to work into any shape you like. 

- Ed

Thanks!     Ordered some and a few set of strings as they seem pretty cheap as well :)