New Gurus dirt looks good.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Yes, gitarrenoase in switzerland..
    and sure, he plays good also in fender type.. i tested it both on old school bassman and new Hot rod..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ah cool, gitarrenoase is just down the road from me, not listed on his website though.
  • oh, maybe it goes out of stock now.. try to ask them making a call..
  • StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 266
    edited December 2015
    Teetonetal;891825" said:
    @Strummybrummie

sounds pretty good in this video 

@ChiccoGurusAmps

Does this work well in fender type circuits?Any dealers in Switzerland got stock?
    Thanks for that, I hadn't seen it. It sounds very good indeed. I still haven't gotten around to trying it out for real, but with the Mesa Mk V I have now, a Cornish CC1 & the Thorpy Gunshot I phttp://www.premierguitar.com/articles/22973-thorpyfx-gunshot-reviewicked up yesterday it could be a while yet.
  • Sorry about gatecrashing, @strummybrummie, how do you find the CC-1? I'm thinking of getting one? Also, have you ever had the opportunity to compare a G-2 against the Gunshot? many thanks
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 266
    edited December 2015
    Jonathanthomas83;893071" said:
    Sorry about gatecrashing, @strummybrummie, how do you find the CC-1? I'm thinking of getting one? Also, have you ever had the opportunity to compare a G-2 against the Gunshot? many thanks
    That's OK man, we don't mind gatecrashers around here. The CC 1 is fabulous, & difficult to beat in the low gain stakes. The tones are great but it's the EQ that really sets it apart, it's made me wonder why more manufacturers don't offer non interactive EQ sections, and it has the incredible buffer like all the Cornish pedals.

I haven't tried the Gunshot & G2 side by side, but I did have a G2 until recently. Which is better? That's a tough one.. I have a feeling I'd go for the Gunshot, but that may be because I have a CC1. The second buffer didn't make any appreciable difference & I found that because I was only using the G2 for it's lower gain tones I could get similar tones from the CC1. Having said that I suppose they are quite different pedals. The Gunshots natural territory seems to be brash cheeky AC/DC type tones and the G2 is a warmer smoother Bad Company classic British rock type affair. That's not to say that they can't encroach on each others turf of course, and I've only had about 10 minutes with the Gunshot so I don't know what else it does or how it stacks with the CC1 (something the G2 does wonderfully btw).

The other thing I'd say about the Cornish stuff is they aren't really bedroom pedals, they are built for the road so they probably aren't worth the hefty asking price if you only play at home at low volume.

It may be worth talking to @Gassage about the subject. He's much better at talking about this sort of stuff than I am, and he has had a lot of experience with all the pedals we are talking about.

Cheers.

Matt
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30947
    @jonathanthomas83

CC1 is my fave PC pedal- mainly due to its insane mid boost ability and general EQ and stacking goodness.

Re G2 v Gunshot.

I will say to you what I said to Adrian.

As an allrounder, Gunshot every time.
    But, if you just want a G2 and want that sound, which is almost unique, the Gunshot will come very close but won't quite do it as well. But the G2 is a one-trick pony (a v good one) comapared to the GS, which has a far greater range.

THe sweet spot on the G2 is incredible though.

Re CC1, save your money and get a PEacekeeper off Adrian. I have tried the proto and it was as good if not better than a CC1.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7552

sounds pretty good in this video 

@ChiccoGurusAmps

Does this work well in fender type circuits?
    Any dealers in Switzerland got stock?
    sounds fantastic there
    Red ones are better. 
  • @StrummyBrummie and @Gassage, thanks a lot guys, that's really helpful. I have a P-2, OC-1 and SS-3 and they are all amazing pedals. I have the Gunshot and it's fantastic, so I'm pleased that by and large it can cover the basics that the G-2 does. Thanks for the advice.

Be interesting to see if the EQ is as good as the CC-1, but also be nice to compare it to a Klon. Out of the two new pedals it's the Peacekeeper that has me really interested! Come on Thorpy, sort it out! :-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30947

@StrummyBrummie and @Gassage, thanks a lot guys, that's really helpful. I have a P-2, OC-1 and SS-3 and they are all amazing pedals. I have the Gunshot and it's fantastic, so I'm pleased that by and large it can cover the basics that the G-2 does. Thanks for the advice.

Be interesting to see if the EQ is as good as the CC-1, but also be nice to compare it to a Klon. Out of the two new pedals it's the Peacekeeper that has me really interested! Come on Thorpy, sort it out! :-)
    I have a peacekeeper proto. It is immense. It is the equal of the CC1.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• I'm kind of torn of the Gurus stuff.  Their stuff looks cool, demos are pretty good and I was nearly tempted to by an Echosex but they seemingly surrounded it with so much marketing rubbish trying to pretend it was more than it was (which wouldn't matter provided it did what it did well) that it put me off.
    I had an Echosex and I think it would be quite extreme. In the end, it was actually 'quite average' imho. 

They are very well built though, and the dials were lovely :)

With regard to the PC CC1, it has the best EQ I've encountered in a pedal. The actually OD sound itself can be achieved by many other pedals. But as a whole, it is a very good (if expensive) unit.
  • Hey Guys.. here a playlist with best videos.. and take a look on the website.. some tasty news..

Ciao!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgWYh_QnqG3wfAiNCHtN1M37QZfSAH--a

• @ChiccoGurusAmps  I bought the dd1959. It's awesome. Very much looking forward to the Sinusoid too.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom