Tim Miller's Site

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    bingefeller;961195" said:
    Barney said:

ArchtopDave;961172" said:Barney said:

i might try this...i was on his online course for a while and some of the things were just impossible. ..i sort of touched on his hybrid picking approach and was sort of working then i decided my alternate picking was terrible so worked on that......but yeah might try it.....as long as it dosnt put me off for life...!

Have a look at the free samples on the Truefire site and see what you think about it. It's only recently come out. I got it when it had a bit of discount off the price - i don't know whether this is still available.

it looks really good ...i probably get this ...i need something new to work on :)

If you were a member of his site, and watched the Texas Clinic, then it's pretty much the same lesson as that, only better presented and with tab.
    i dont think i saw that one ..but at 20 quid with tab and stuff its got to be a good buy..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The TrueFire Course comes with Tab.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Have just won the very limited in scope Tim Miller Internet.
    I'm thinking about getting the truefire one ...is it accessable to normal people or just them with Tim Miller hands .....i need something to get into.. BTW...my fingers are short and fat.. :)
    @Barney
    Sure, although if you've never used hybrid-picking before you'll have a hard time. The only pattern I found hard was one for the Ionian mode that had a major 3rd stretch on the low E going from index to ring finger. Even on my 24.75' scale guitar that was hard work in the lower frets.
    carlos;1051757" said:
    @BarneySure, although if you've never used hybrid-picking before you'll have a hard time. The only pattern I found hard was one for the Ionian mode that had a major 3rd stretch on the low E going from index to ring finger. Even on my 24.75' scale guitar that was hard work in the lower frets.
    Thanks Carlos ...i went and got this ..its good ,im sort of ok with hybrid cos i was on his site for a while ...what i do struggle with is....the pentatonics for example where you use 2 fingers in the same fret on 2 strings ...its getting easier though..im ok for skipping the strings but its not very natural for me in the same fret using A and D string for example ...he has very thin fingers though..!
    Maybe you need a wide necked guitar for farmer hands?
    carlos;1054628" said:
    Maybe you need a wide necked guitar for farmer hands?
    Lol....your right i think...!
    In all seriousness, you can always roll your fingers for those same fret, adjacent strings fingerings. Tim doesn't do it because he doesn't have to. I'm fine with it, though, but I hate his picking pattern ascending of pick, pick, finger, pick, finger, pick. That doesn't make any sense to me. I'd rather just alternate pick and finger all the way. 
    carlos;1054982" said:
    In all seriousness, you can always roll your fingers for those same fret, adjacent strings fingerings. Tim doesn't do it because he doesn't have to. I'm fine with it, though, but I hate his picking pattern ascending of pick, pick, finger, pick, finger, pick. That doesn't make any sense to me. I'd rather just alternate pick and finger all the way. 
    Yeah roling the finger is a option it just dosnt sound as clean to me....i can manage on the lower frets with plenty of space but not so well on the higher frets...

Im very comfortable with the right hand hybrid though ...iv been using it for while but the last sort of 8 or 9 month stopped doing that and legato to work on my alternate cos it was really bad ....im starting to use it more again now though .. :)
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    Tim Miller got some new stuff.

I love his playing, one of my fav guitarists.

"Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The 2 - 1 - 2 etude is very nice sounding.  I haven't been a member of his site for a few years, I might join up again at some point so I can get the new lessons.