Squier Strat strip down/rebuild + Marshall Practice Amp

Afternoon all.

Thought I'd share a few pictures. It's Christmas in a few months, and one of my older brothers has been talking about wanting a guitar for a while now. He can play a bit of keys, and played a little bit of guitar way back in school.

Anyway, he's rather obsessed with things like furnishings, furniture, his living room is all oak furniture and chesterfield couches etc.

So, decided to find a guitar and amp and fix them up for him.

A guy on a local FB page was selling a 20th anniversary Squier Start that had been relic'd. Badly. The electrics were shot, the nut was broken, generally it was looking pretty sorry for itself:

So, the plan was, strip it down, sand the body back, re-finish it, natural, just some lacquer, HSS scratchplate, re-use 2 of the single coils, I had an alnico humbucker from an Epi Goth Explorer, black pup covers, knobs, switch tip, back cover, tremolo arm tip, new pots and cap, new switch, new graphtech nut, and put it all back together:

So there it is, done and dusted.

Now, the amp. I have an old 30W Marshall practice amp that I haven't touched in years, I've had it since I was 14 or so, faded, bashed, covered in stickers of mostly crap bands:

All done. Removing the original covering was awful, took me a couple of hours all in, and my fingers were full of skelfs.

Not sure if I want to put the corner protector pieces back on, I know the serve a purpose, but I kinda like the way it looks just now.

So, there we go, hope I haven't bored you too much.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments