Replacement Volume pot on a bass

What's Hot
I have tried searching the forum I promise... I need to replace a volume pot on a friend's bass. The current (broken) one is a 500k linear pot - I can see lots of advice on the forum suggesting a log pot for guitar volume - would you also use log for bass, please? Thanks :)
Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72532
    I would usually use a Linear for a bass volume pot. Log gives a better clean-up from an overdriven sound, but can have too drastic a volume drop from full to not-quite-full with a clean sound; Linear gives a smoother rate of clean volume change.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    ^ much appreciated @icbm & thank you - linear it is , then. Cheers :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    ICBM said:
    I would usually use a Linear for a bass volume pot. Log gives a better clean-up from an overdriven sound, but can have too drastic a volume drop from full to not-quite-full with a clean sound; Linear gives a smoother rate of clean volume change.

Wise and informative words. Hadn't really considered that...excellent tip, @ICBM