Native Instruments Fixed

Ok, all of us on El Capitan, the new update fixes the crashed validation of all the Native Instruments plug ins in Logic X, does happy jig of joy ;)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I'm still on Mountain Lion..
    I'm always worried that upgrades will break stuff

I still think my machine ran best / fastest on Snow Leopard
    play every note as if it were your first
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    on updates in general

I think we get cajoled into thinking we need to do the updates, but if everything is working well, what's the point?

Its different if there is something really useful in the update, but I share Clarky's caution.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7810
    Snap said:
    on updates in general

I think we get cajoled into thinking we need to do the updates, but if everything is working well, what's the point?

Its different if there is something really useful in the update, but I share Clarky's caution.
    100% Agree. Happy using Logic X on Mavericks and it will stay that way till the computer breaks
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited October 2015
    Snap said:
    on updates in general

I have a 2T external drive.. I usually create a 1T partition and upgrade that first..

then boot from that for a few weeks so I can live with it for a while to make sure everything is ok before committing to the next OS..

Snow was the big game changer cos it was 64bit.. this obviously was a shot in the arm for Logic cos then it could take all the RAM it needs.. this fixed loads of probs I was having in Leopard, especially when running BFD2 in Logic.. the 4GB limit in 32 bit mode was causing issues... Snow along with a nice fat RAM upgrade fixed all that...

I've no idea what possessed me to take Mountain.. seemed like the right thing to do at the time I guess.. but I don't think I gained anything that I really care about.. there was new "i-Shite" to enable better integration with the "i-Gizmos" I don't have and don't want.. so I ended up with a Mac that was just a little bit slower with Mountain..

more than once I've contemplated going back to Snow Leopard.. but as new things come out that I need [editors and tools for the Axe-FX, some more modern AU's etc] I've found that Mountain Lion is the oldest OS-X I can get away with..

the thing that worries me most with El Cap is that some of my older [but valuable] AU's will stop working.. and that it'll slow my Mac even more [cos I'm guessing that it's been developed with the newer boxes in mind -which have SSD and faster RAM]..

I've come to find more than once with a variety of technologies, that the latest / greatest is not always a step forward.. it can often be a really clever, groovy and hi-tech way to give you not quite what you had before with the older stuff....

for example.. in many behavioural / performance centric ways, my early 90's Digitech 2120 is still far in advance of all of the latest modellers [Axe-FX included].. why? cos it's not modelling... it just does what it does.. but it does it absolutely superbly... cos it was designed for grown-ups..

play every note as if it were your first