Rammstein playing Download 2016: tickets on sale tomorrow

richhrichh Frets: 451
They are playing the Friday night, headlining.  Not sure who the other acts are that day.  This is not normally the kind of festival I'd go to, but seeing Rammstein live has been on my bucket list for a while now...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I saw them in 2001 in Australia- they were amazing.
  • richhrichh Frets: 451
    I chanced onto them on a live gig on YouTube (live in Nimes), first reaction was WTF!

My initial reaction was that it was a bit of a joke, but the more I listen the better I like it, and the live performances and videos are amazing.  I do think a lot of it is tongue in cheek.  The new 'Lindemann' solo album is 'interesting' as well.  Definitely not one to be played when the mother in law is staying over, put it that way...
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Saw them on the last tour, probably one of my fave ever gigs.
    #thebatesmotelband
  • Always fancied seeing Rammstein but never got around to it.  If I was gonna convince the Mrs to slum it at a festival I think my chances of making it Download are pretty slim sadly.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    Got my tickets, no problem persuading the Mrs as she is also a big Rammstein fan.  Might be a struggle getting her to go earlier in the day to see the other acts, not really her cup of tea unfortunately.  Go for it if you can, they don't seem to gig much these days.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Saw them headline one of the days at Sonisphere a few years ago. They werent really my cup of tea leading up to the festival, but they were fantistic live. Been a fan ever since.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    Saw Rammstein last night at Download, fantastic night, one more ticked off the bucket list!

Next stop: diving with Manatees...

Amazing performance, despite major PA issues and some idiot girl in the crowd being extremely abusive / violent and threatening to bottle Mrs H!

So not all positive, but hey, that's life.  Getting to get my Rammstein BluRay signed by the band was a pretty nice souvenir too.

BTW, I'm not at all into that kind of music generally, but these guys are exceptional, and their lyrics and so on are very clever.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Love Rammstein - glad it was a fun show .
    First saw them a couple of times on the Mutter tour

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!