SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Stunning Martyn Booth Signature

What's Hot
dangeedangee Frets: 92
edited November 2015 in Guitars £

Now updated to reflect that the guitar is avaialable for sale or trade.

This is an incredibly beautiful and immaculately built guitar by one of Britain's finest luthiers. Though I've flirted with electrics, I'm not a great player and prefer acoustics. I've always hankered after a Booth though and, when I was having Martyn set a guitar up for me, I had the opportunity to buy this Signature. Having a young family (and no cash) I sold a couple of acoustics to fund this but I miss having a decent acoustic so I am offering this for trade for a top acoustic. I'm in no rush to move it on, but would be keen to see if there is any interest.

If ordered today, the guitar would cost about £4000 according to Martyn. There are many reviews of Martyn’s work online,

Specifications and information about the Signature pasted below:

Model: Signature, Colour: Tobacco Sunburst, Inlay: Pine, Maple Top:  Flame, F'board: Cream Bound Ebony, Radius: 14, Neck Profile:  C, Neck Depth:  20/22, Nut: Graph Tech Trem Nut, Fretwire: Jim Dunlop 6100, Bridge P/U:  Seymour Duncan JB, Neck P/U: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Hipshot Modern Tremolo, Tuners: Sperzel Trim Lock.

The Martyn Booth Signature combines traditional design themes with the latest precision tremolo systems. The narrow headstock design and 10 degree angle assist accurate and reliable tuning. Even with the extensive up and down pitch shifts demanded by modern guitarists, complicated locking and restringing processes are avoided. As with the Classic, the Signature incorporates the shape of a semi-acoustic into a small solid body and maple tops are carved to ensure that they do not constrain the resonance of the one-piece mahogany back.

• Unhindered access to all 22 frets
  • 2" body thickness
  • 13.5" wide double cutaway body
  • Brazilian mahogany body ensures rich tone and sustain
  • High ratio of mahogany to maple ensures rich tone and sustain
  • One-piece mahogany set neck
  • 25" scale length
  • Hipshot tremolo
  • Curvaceous back plate designs with comfort cut
  • Coil split humbucking pickups as standard (via push/push pot)
  • Teflon-graphite nut
  • Locking tuners
  • Wide flange strap buttons

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments