SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 1969 Fender Vibrolux (real one!) £850 Coventry

What's Hot
SiejenSiejen Frets: 33
edited October 2015 in Amps £
Selling my 1969 Fender Vibrolux. Cracking deep rich clean sound, exactly as one imagines a Fender clean to be. Swing the volume round and it breaks up in the classic style. It's quiet at idle and has no scratchy pots. Vibrato works great, Reverb tank is non original, but sound is OK at low levels. The amp has just been serviced and we tested the reverb with another tank and it's perfect. The valves were biased and it had a couple of new PSU caps / fuse holder etc. 

Other non-original parts include the speakers which are ELAC (ceramic alnico?) units, and the back panel. It is an export model, so no additional mains transformers. 

There are a few catches in the cloth, and many scuffs in the tolex. It was a gigging amp for many years providing wedding entertainment. 

I used to gig with it Blues / Rock style, and it's great for small venues. It crunches up really nicely, and is great to control from the guitars volume and sensitive to playing style and guitars; all as it should be. I've owned it for the last 25 years or so, but it's done close to nothing for the last 18 of those....

I'm in Coventry, and am quite loathe to courier it as I imagine it to be fragile. At buyers expense, I'd probably buy a flight case for it, so would probably be expensive. If you're seriously interested, please pop in and have a play. 

Trades, you say? Well I'll be needing a new amp, but it needs to be small, preferably a combo and have a high gain for singing sustain at low volume levels.
Next up, take a brave pill and sell the Gibson...
Iain

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1466
    I think those Elacs are alnicos. Nice amp too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SiejenSiejen Frets: 33
    Thanks Photek. I'll edit accordingly. I was just going off what the amp guy said.
    No love? Best offers?
    There's a Boogie and a Suhr on here I'd like to buy with the proceeds....
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7927
    Is it silverface or blackface?

I had a traditional 68.  Silverface cosmetics, factory blackface.  It sounded lush, rich and just awesome!

I'd be interested, but my Tone King Imperial covers the same ground.

Incidentally, I sold that amp for more than you're asking for here.  It think the price is pretty decent.

M :)
    Hi Marlin, silver face outside, wouldn't know how to tell inside!
    Definitely CBS though (though I think that difference is mostly guitars). Transformer codes and aluminium cloth edging date it a year later than yours.

Thanks for the pricing comment. I was unsure how to price it, as parts (speakers reverb tank) are non original. I've seen original blackfaces go for very silly money.

I've been playing it a bit recently, just to check its ok. May have been a bad idea as it definitely sounds lush and huge....

(Repeats mantra: I need the space, I need the space....)
    edited November 2015
    Now sold, thanks all :)