Jamming to loops

Just wondering 

a. Is this the right thread for this and 

b. When you guys are practicing at home do you have loops that you jam along to or do you just play along with your favourite tunes? 

I would love somewhere to download loops in particular keys/genres that i can just jam along with to try ind improve my playing in that style. Does anyone know of such a wonderful resource? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I rarely just improvise to a song or backing track. Lead guitar doesn't really interest me that much any more so I'll either be writing, learning something a new song or rehearsing.

If I'm improvising it's more likely to be riffing to either no backing at all or just a metronome. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • If I'm trying to work on something specific I find the most convenient method is to use a looper pedal.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7817
    I use Logic or garage band.. Just play a few bars of something, setup session drummer and away you go. I also use two digitech jammans a lot to create my own loops if using an amp.

Otherwise I use backing tracks etc. this place is quite good http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7817
    Also check out the FBs very own solo of the month competition, the backing is downloadable from soundcloud. Even if you don't enter, you can still use the track. I liek this as it forces me to play things I wouldn't normally choose.
  • HollowAxisHollowAxis Frets: 117
    edited October 2015
    I accompany myself with loops I've made from bits of my songs in Ableton, which I can can sequence/modify with an iPad.
    and on the fly looping with a Ditto pedal.
    Some working out how to play it all live.
    Some just improvising.
  • Marshall_staxMarshall_stax Frets: 193
    edited October 2015
    I use a couple of different methods for practice/backing tracks. 

1, This really useful website: www.guitarbackingtrack.com  
    This not only has backing tracks of many of your fave bands etc, but if you go to the "J" section you'll find "Jamtracks". These are generic backing tracks of most styles. All great fun and downloadable for free.

2, As already mentioned here, the Garage Band route is also a great way to go as you can jam with yourself. 
    All the right notes, not always in the right order!